This recipe is for tasty, fresh and delicious Shrimps & Mango Tostadas. These tostadas are really simple, quick and easy to make, only including a few ingredients. Serve these shrimp and mango tostadas as finger food, appetizers, starters or as a side dish. They are gluten free.
Nothing beats easy, quick, delicious and tasty appetizers to kick off an evening! It’s kind of become a tradition at my place to always make a few easy and delicious appetizers/small dishes that can be eaten both before dinner and also brought to the dinner table. This recipe is for very easy and quick yet super delicious and fresh shrimps and mango tostadas. These tostadas come together in just 10 minutes and are great to thrown together when you want something tasty to snack on. You have a base of crunchy fried tostadas, fresh spinach, sweet and creamy mango, spicy fried tiger prawns, creamy and tangy crumbled feta cheese and some scallion, cilantro and furikake seasoning to top. These tostadas is great to make both if your just a few people or if you want to make something delicious for a bigger crowd!
A few tips:
- Manke sure to have a medium ripe mango for these tostadas. You don’t want to use an overripe mango nor a hard and tasteless one.
- Dry path the tiger prawns well before frying them to make sure they don’t cook instead of fry.
- The amount of chili flakes can be adjusted according to taste.
- Use a creamy and good quality feta cheese and not a dry one. The creamy feta cheese texture makes a wonderful contrast to the spicy prawns, sweet mango and crunchy tostadas.
- You can prepare everything in advance, but leave the frying of the tostadas and prawns for serving.
Ingredients for these Shrimps & Mango Tostadas:
- Fresh spinach
- Tiger prawns
- Olive oil
- Chili flakes
- Feta cheese
- Spring onion
- Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Salmon & Avocado Poke Tartare (Gluten Free)
- Prawns Bites with Chimichurri & Nectarine Salsa (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Spicy Shrimp & Pineapple Tacos (Gluten Free)
- Asian Style Tacos (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Shrimps & Mango Tostadas (Gluten Free)
- 4 Tostadas
- A few Fresh spinach leaves
- 12 Tiger prawns rinsed and cleaned
- Olive oil, to fry
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes
- 1 Mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 Spring onion thinly sliced
- Cilantro, to taste
- 1/2 Lime cut into wedges
- 1-2 tsp Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds, to top
- Peel and dice the mango.
- Preheat two nonstick pans over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Dry path the prawns to make sure they're really dry before frying.
- Add the tostadas to one of the pans and fry on medium heat until they start to get browned and warm. Flip and fry on the other side.
- Add the prawns together with chili flakes and fry for about 1 minute on each side, until golden brown and the meat is no longer translucent.
- Assembly the tostadas by placing a few spinach leaves on each tostada.
- Top with fried prawns, diced mango, crumbled feta cheese, spring onion, cilantro and furikake/sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges on the side that you sprinkle over the tostadas.