This is a delicious, fresh and flavorful dish combining two dishes – a salmon poké bowl and tartare – into one Salmon & Avocado Poké Tartare. This dish is very easy and quick to make with almost no cooking included. Serve this salmon & avocado poké tartare as a starter, main course or include it in a sharing dinner. This poké tartare is gluten free and low in oil.
Combining different dishes into a new one is so much fun and a great way to reinvent dishes. One of my favorites is to turn my favorite dishes into tartares. I think they look so pretty and elegant, your guest will be impressed by the presentation and how professional they look, when they’re in fact silly easy and quick to make. This is a salmon and avocado poké tartare made with brown rice as the base followed by creamy avocado and a flavorful yet delicate and fresh salmon layer. It is topped with crunchy and slightly peppery rashes and a sweet and flavorful wakame salad on top. This dish is both easy and quick to make, only requiring you to cook the rice which can be done in advance. Serve this dish as a starter (by making smaller ones), main dish or include it in a sharing/small dish dinner. This salmon and avocado tartare is gluten free and low in oil.
A few tips:
- The rice can be cooked in advance and then served at room temperature, it does not have to be warm. I actually prefer it cooled over warm.
- You can make 2 larger tartares or 3-4 smaller ones depending on how and for which purpose you serve it.
- I use a round steel mold to assembly the tartares, but you can also make it in a bowl, then turn it upside down and top with the radish and wakame. Just make sure to assembly the tartare the other way around, staring with the salmon in that case.
- You can adjust the amount of ginger depending on how spicy you prefer your salmon. You can also add some chili if you prefer it even hotter.
- The salmon can be prepared about 1 hour in advance and stored in the fridge.
- I would not recommend you to prepare the avocado until just before serving.
- The ponzu can be swapped for soy sauce/tamari, but the taste will be slightly different.
Ingredients for this Salmon & Avocado Poké Tartare:
- Brown rice
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Sashimi salmon
- Rince vinegar
- Wakame salad
- Sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Canned Tuna Tartare (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Guacamole & Pico de Gallo Tartare (Vegan, GLuten & Grain Free)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi with Berries & Spicy Tamari Sauce (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Mango Ceviche with Mixed Fish & Seafood (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- White & Green Asparagus with salmon & Browned Soy Butter (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Thai Inspired Pomelo & Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Crudo Salmon & Scallop Plate (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicle with Avocado Cream (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
Salmon & Avocado Poké Tartare (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 dl Brown rice
- 1 dl Water
- 1/2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1-1 1/2 Avocado pitted and diced
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 150-200 g Sashimi salmon finely diced
- 1 tbsp Ponzu
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2-1 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 2 Radishes thinly sliced
- Wakame salad
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked the rice according to instructions.
- Let it cool slightly then combine with rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Dice the sashimi salmon finely and combine in a bowl together with ponzu, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fresh grated ginger and lime juice.
- Assembly the tartare by placing half or all of the rice at the bottom of a plate using a round mold, making sure it gets a circulare form and stays in place. Gently press the rice down to make sure it sits. Place the rest of the rice in a seperate mold on a seperate plate.
- Next divide the avocado between the two molds, pressing down gently, followed by the salmon.
- Top with thinly sliced radish, wakame salad and sesame seeds.
2 thoughts on “Salmon & Avocado Poké Tartare (Gluten Free)”