A true spring dish made with a few but good quality ingredients, that is both fresh, delicious and easy to make, that’s is what you get if you make this White & Green Asparagus with Salmon & Browned Soy Butter. This dish only requires five key ingredients and is ready to serve in only 15 minutes. Serve this dish as a starter or side dish. It is both gluten, g rain free and low carb.
Indulging in asparagus as long as asparagus season is on! Good thing there are so many different ways of using asparagus. This dish is a light, fresh, easy yet very tasty and flavorful dish made with both white and green asparagus. The asparagus in this dish is fried until warm and tender, but still crunchy on the inside. It is topped with thinly sliced sashimi salmon, browned soy butter and almonds. Its a wonderful combination of delicate sweet white asparagus, slightly more bitter green asparagus, buttery mouth melting and tender raw salmon, warm salty browned soy butter that also has a hint of caramel and crunchy chopped almonds. This dish truly is amazing and is great to serve both as a starter or side dish. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use fresh asparagus that is not dry or old.
- Peel the white asparagus before frying it to remove the outer fibery part.
- Remove the bottom part from both the white and green asparagus.
- The asparagus should be warm, tender and golden brown. But it should still be slightly crunchy on the inside. So don’t fry it for too long.
- Use a good quality sashimi salmon, don’t use frozen salmon that is aimed to cook/bake in the oven. It is not the same thing and it can actually ruin the whole dish.
- Cut the salmon into thin slices. If you cut too thick slices it will become overwhelming and might grow in your mouth. They should be thin and delicate.
- I don’t like to make my dishes too heavy, hence I only used about 10g of butter for the browned butter. But you can easily double the amount of butter and tamari/soy sauce if you want more browned butter to top with.
Ingredients for this White & Green Asparagus with Salmon & Browned Soy Butter:
- White asparagus
- Green asparagus
- Sashimi salmon
- Tamari or soy sauce
Other recipes you might like:
- White Asparagus Soup with Scallops (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cod with Asparagus & Balsamic Roasted Fruits & Berries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Refined Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- White Asparagus with Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Point Cabbage with Scallion Salsa (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
White & Green Asparagus with Salmon & Browned Soy Butter (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 5 White asparagus peeled and bottom part but off
- 10 Green asparagus bottom part cut off
- 100 g Salmon sashimi thinly sliced
- 10 g Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Almonds roughly chopped
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Peel the outer layer of the white asparagus and cut off the dry bottom part.
- Add to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut off the bottom part of the green asparagus.
- Add the green asparagus to the pan with the white asparagus and let them fry together for another 3-4 minutes.
- Preheat a small pot on medium heat.
- Lower the heat and add the butter and let it brown. Keep an eye and stir regularly.
- When the butter has browned add the tamari/soy sauce and stir together. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile slice the salmon into thin slices.
- Chop the almonds.
- Place the asparagus at the bottom of a plate.
- Top with the thinly sliced salmon, browned soy butter and chopped almonds.
- Serve warm.