This is a recipe for an easy, delicious and fresh dish with White Asparagus with Prosciutto. It dish only requires 15 minutes of your time and a few key ingredients. This dish is both gluten and grain free and low carb. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer or starter.
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables! I love both green and white asparagus… but they are good to use for different purposes. I prefer the green asparagus when they are not playing the main part in the dish. Like serving it in an omelette, with some baked tomatoes or as a simple side dish to your main course. In general I think I prefer green asparagus over white asparagus. But, when I want to make a dish where the asparagus is the main start I turn to white asparagus. I feel it makes itself better in the spotlight than playing a side part. This recipe is for a delicate, yet flavorful white asparagus dish served with prosciutto, a balsamic vinaigrette and shaved parmesan cheese. This dish is great to serve as an appetizer or starter.
A few tips:
- Remove the woody part at the bottom of the asparagus by snipping it where it breaks. You might think you’re waisting a part of the asparagus but you’re Not. You really don’t want to include it in your dish.
- Shave the asparagus using a potato shaver to remove the outer tough layer.
- Cook the asparagus just until its “Al Dente” you don’t want it to be fully cooked through which will make it soft and soggy.
Ingredients for this White Asparagus with Prosciutto:
- White asparagus
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Parmesan cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Capers Dip
- Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Melon & Scampi Salad
White Asparagus with Prosciutto (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 6 White asparagus shaved and trimmed
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Parmesan, to top shaved
- Remove the lower woody part of the aspargus by snipping it off where it breaks.
- Shave the outer layer using a potato peeler to peel off the outer tough layer.
- Bring water to a boil with some salt in a big pot.
- Add the asparagus and boil just until Al Dente.
- Meanwhile combine the balsamic vinegar, honey and dijon mustard in a small bowl.
- When the asparagus is ready put on two plates (or one if serving as a side dish) and add teh prosciutoo on top, drizzle with balsamic vinegrette and add shaved parmesan on top.
3 thoughts on “White Asparagus with Prosciutto (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)”