This is an easy, fresh and light summer Melon & Scampi Salad. This salad only requires three main ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or to include in a sharing dinner or a buffet. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
This melon and scampi salad is such a perfect and easy salad to make during summer when you want something delicious, light and fresh. This salad only requires three main ingredients and comes together in only 10 minutes. It is both juicy, sweet and fresh and everything you need for a light and refreshing meal. The combination of juicy and sweet melons together with the tender and delicate scampi is divine. It makes such a wonderful combination. I also topped it with some mâche salad, salty roughy chopped almonds and thick balsamic vinegar. This salad is really perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter, light lunch or to include in a sharing dinner or buffet. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use juicy, fresh and sweet melons. They add both juiciness and sweetness to the dish hence use juicy and sweet ones.
- You can use any melons you like, I chose Galiamelon and cantaloupe since I think they pair so well together and with the prawns.
- I used roasted salted almonds to add a bit of crunchy and salt to the dish to break off the sweetness from the melons.
- I also added thick balsamic vinegar since it pairs so well both with the sweet melons and prawns.
- This salad can be prepared in advance and having the scampi served cold.
Ingredients for this Melon & Scampi Salad:
- Mâche salad
- Roasted salted almonds
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Scallops Italian Style
- Salad Cups with Shrimps & Nectarine Salsa
- Fish & Seafood Nectarine Skewers
- Scallops with Spicy Mango Salsa
- Baked Cod with Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Fruit Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
Melon & Scampi Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 6 Scampi
- 1/4 small Galiamelon thinly sliced
- 1/4 small Cantaloupe thinly sliced
- A hand full of Mâche salad
- 6 Almonds roughly chopped
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Start by peeling and slicing the melons into smaller pieces.
- Preheat a non stick pan and fry the scampi for 1-3 minutes on each side (depending on the size and how raw you prefer them).
- Put the sliced melons in circles on two plates.
- Put the scampi on top when done.
- Add mâche salad, chopped almonds on top.
- Sprinkle some thick balsamic vinegar.