This recipes is for a fresh, tasty and light Summer Fruit & Scallop Ceviche. This ceviche only requires a few key ingredients and five minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer or starter, to include in a sharing dinner or to make a bigger one and have as a main course. This ceviche is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
Ceviche is truly one of my all time favorite dishes to make! Ceviche is the national dish of Peru and made with white fish, lime, red onion and cilantro. But there are many other ways of making ceviche, using all your favorite fish, seafood, fruits and vegetables! This ceviche is made with scallops, strawberries, mango, scallion, lime, tamari and topped with basil. This ceviche is very light, fresh and flavorful. The combination of sweet fruits, delicate scallops, scallions, lime and salty tamari is just amazing. This dish is perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter, when you’re making a sharing dinner or make a bigger one and have it as your mains course. This ceviche is both gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use good quality ingredients. This dish is really delicate and you will feel all the ingredients when eating it. Hence use good quality once. It really makes the biggest difference.
- Make sure to clean and rinse the scallops thoroughly. Remove the muscle unless already removed.
- Dry path the scallops before cutting them so they don’t feel watery.
- Cut the scallops into quarters, making them the same size.
- The scallops can be prepared in advance by adding the tamari and lime juice and letting it marinate. But I would recommend your to add the rest of the ingredients just before ready to serve.
Ingredients for this Summer Fruit & Scallop Ceviche:
- Sugar snaps
- Furikake seasoning
Other recipes you might like:
- Watermelon Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Oyster Mushroom Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Salmon Sashimi Popsicles with Avocado Cream
Summer Fruit & Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 6 Scallops cleaned, muscles removed and cut into 4 pieces each
- 4 Strawberries quartered
- 1/2 Mango diced
- 4 Sugar snaps thinly sliced
- 1/2 Scallion (white part) thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 Lime juiced
- Furikake seasoning (or sesame seeds), to top
- Basil, to top
- Clean, rinse and remove the muscle (unless already removed) from the scallops. Pat dry using a paper towl.
- Cut each scallop into four pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and tamari and combine.
- Next add strawberries, mango, sugar snaps and scallion to the bowl and combine again.
- Place on two plates, top with furikake seasoning (or sesame seeds) and basil.