Gazpacho equals summer to me! I love it so much I could eat it every day. It’s cold, fresh and full of flavor. What’s not to like? That’s why I thought I’d expand my gazpacho horizon and try out new combinations including different vegetables and fruits. This one is a Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho that is perfect both as an appetizer, snack and dessert.
Imagine yourself ending a nice summer dinner with this sweet and fresh gazpacho with a hint of mint, basil, chili and citrus. If you’re not adventurous enough, you can skip the black pepper!
Ingredients for the Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho:
- Black pepper
Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho
- 10 Strawberries
- 200-250 g Watermelon
- 0,5-1 Chili (optional, but recommended)
- 1-2 Lime, juiced
- A few Basil leafs, to taste (optional, but recommended)
- A few Mint leafs, to taste (optional, but recommended)
- 2 Strawberries, to garnish finely diced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- Add the strawberries, watermelon, chili, lime juice, basil and mint in a blender and run until smooth.
- Taste to check if more chili, lime, basil or mint is needed.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with diced strawberries, basil and freshly ground pepper.