This recipe is for a delicious, light and fresh Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho. This gazpacho only requires a hand full of ingredients and five minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or dessert. This Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
Gazpacho equals summer to me! I love it so much I could eat it every day. It’s cold, fresh and full of flavor. What’s not to like? A traditional gazpacho is tomato based, but there are so many other ways of preparing a delicious and fresh gazpacho using summer fruits and vegetables. This one is a Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho that is perfect both as an appetizer, snack and dessert. And what better to refresh yourself with than with this sweet and fresh gazpacho with a hint of mint, basil, chili and citrus. If you’re not adventurous enough, you can skip the black pepper!
A few tips:
- Use fridge cold strawberries and watermelon.
- Use a high speed blender to make sure you get a smooth gazpacho not leaving any herb or chili chunks behind.
- Use mint and basil according to taste. start by adding a little and then add more if preferred.
- The same goes for the chili.
- This gazpacho can be prepared in advance but I would recommend you to make it just when ready to serve. If you prepare it in advance store it in the fridge to make sure it’s cold and fresh when ready to serve.
- Don’t add the topping until ready to serve.
Ingredients for the Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho:
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Covered Watermelon Bites
- Watermelon Pizza (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe (Low Carb)
- Oyster Mushroom Ceviche (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
Watermelon & Strawberry Gazpacho (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- 10 Strawberries
- 200-250 g Watermelon
- 0,5-1 Chili (optional, but recommended)
- 1-2 Lime, juiced
- A few Basil leafs (optional, but recommended)
- 5-6 Mint leafs, to taste (optional, but recommended)
- 2 Strawberries, to garnish finely diced
- 2 slices Cucumber
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- 2 Mint leafs, to garnish
- Add the strawberries, watermelon, chili, lime juice, basil and mint in a blender and run until smooth.
- Taste to check if more chili, lime, basil or mint is needed.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with diced strawberries, quartered cucumber, mint and freshly ground pepper.