This recipe is for a fresh, light and summery Chilled Galia Melon Soup. This soup only requires a few key ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. This soup is perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or to include in a buffet. This soup is vegan (if you skip the bresaola), gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
Guess most of us associate soups with something warm and comforting you eat during fall and winter. But they are actually great to make all year round, and chilled soups are perfect to make during spring and summer. There are so many delicious spring and summer vegetables and fruits that can be turned into a refreshing and delicious soup. This soup is made with galia melon, cucumber and fresh basil which makes it both fresh in taste, cooling and light. To add something crunchy and salty to the soup as a contrast I added home made bresaola chips on top. This soup is really the perfect summer appetizer or starter to make when you want something quick, easy and refreshing to serve. It is both vegan (if you skip the bresaola chips), gluten, grain, oil free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Bake the bresaola chips on high heat in the oven, you want it to get really crispy and not just baked. But make sure to keep an eye on the bresaola chips so they don’t burn.
- The bresaola chips will be a little soft when you take them out of the oven. Let them rest for a few minutes so they get hard and crispy before adding them to the soup.
- Use a high speed blender for the best result for the soup.
- Add basil, lemon, salt and pepper according to taste.
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey is optional but recommended. It adds a nice sweetness to the dish.
- You can prepare this soup in advance. Keep it chilled until 5-10 minutes before serving it.
Ingredients for this Chilled Galia Melon Soup:
- Galia melon
- Fresh basil
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Watermelon Strawberry Gazpacho
- Avocado Mousse with Shrimps & Fish Roe (Low Carb)
- Watermelon Pizza
- Melon & Scampi Salad
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
Chilled Galia Melon Soup (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- 3 dl Galia melon diced
- 1 dl Cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced
- 6-10 Basil leafs
- 1 tsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Bresaola
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celcius.
- Place the bresaola slices on a parchment coverd baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately five minutes. Keep an eye on the bresaola so they don't burn.
- Meanwhile add the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Take out the bresaola chips from the oven and let them rest for five minutes.
- Pour into four small glasses or two bowls and top with bresaola chips.