This recipe is for a delicious, fresh and summery Summery Fish Burgers with Nectarine Salsa. It is really easy to make and comes together in only 20 minutes. It is perfect to serve either for lunch, dinner or to make for meal prep purpose. This fish burger is gluten free.
I love a good hamburger! But a burger doesn’t necessary mean meat and cheese. During summer I prefer a light, fresh and summer fish burger over a classic meat burger. This fish burger is really easy to make, feels fresh yet is very delicious and flavorful at the same time. This burger is made with nectarines, fresh herbs, yogurt and fish fillet, which makes it both light and fresh, using summer fruits and herbs, but still makes it satisfying and delicious. This fish burger literally tastes like summer to me! This burger is perfect to serve both for lunch, dinner, to make when you’re having friends or family over for dinner or to make for meal prep purpose.
A few tips:
- Use good quality fish since it’s the main star of the dish. Don’t use a cheap fish fillet that is watery and just falls apart. It really makes the biggest difference.
- Try to find tender but not over ripe nectarines for the salsa.
- I used mint, cilantro and chives for the salsa. But you can use any herbs you like and have at home.
- Don’t overcook the fish fillet. It should be tender, soft but still have some chewing resistance. If you grill or bake it for too long it will just become dry and boring, so cook it until it reaches 55-60 degrees Celsius (depending on how well cooked you prefer it)
Ingredients for this Summery Fish Burger with Nectarine Salsa:
- Cod or Halibut fillet
- Red onion
- Red chili
- Hamburger buns
Other recipes you might like:
- Asian Inspired Fish Burger (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Lemon Baked Cod with Cauliflower Spinach Mash (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Cod with Chantarelles & Lingonberries (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
Summery Fish Burger with Nectarine Salsa (Gluten Free)
- 2 Cod or Hallibut fillets
- 2 Nectarines pitted and finely diced
- 1 small Red onion finely chopped
- 1/2-1 Fresh red chili finely chopped
- 1/2+1/2 Lime zest
- 1/2+1/2 Lime juiced
- Cilantro, to taste chopped
- Mint, to taste chopped
- Chives (optional), to taste chopped
- 3 tbsp Yoghurt
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 Lettuce leafs
- 2 Hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Put the fish fillets in a oven safe pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how thich they are, make sure not to over bake, you dont want dry fish burgers).
- Meanwhile combine nectarines, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, red chili, salt and pepper in a bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Combine yoghurt, cilantro, lime, mint, chives, salt, pepper, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- When fish is done, cut hamburger buns in two.
- Add lettuce on each bun buttom. Add fish fillets, yoghurt dressing and nectarine salsa. Add top of the bun.