This is a recipe for a delicious and tender cod with a fresh orange and lemon dressing. This recipe only requires a few key ingredients and minutes of your time. It is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb. Serve it for lunch or dinner.
It’s no surprise I love fish and especially white fish… maybe the opposite of most people. I agree, white fish can become very boring. Dry, tasteless and chewy. But if you prepare it the right way it’s the most delicious thing you can eat. It’s soft, tender with just the right amount of chewing resistance. This baked cod is served with quickly fried zucchini, topped with pea sprouts and orange and then drizzled with a fresh and zesty orange dressing.
A few tips:
- Use a good quality cod, preferably a thicker fillet.
- When frying the zucchini fry it on high heat, just to give it some color but still keeping it crunchy and fresh.
- For the orange, peel and separate the orange. Don’t take a shortcut and keep the peel around the orange halves.
- Bake the cod on low temperature, this will make it tender, soft and keep it from getting dry.
- This cod can be kept in the fridge for up to three days.
Ingredients for this Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing:
- Cod fillets
- Pea Sprouts
- Fresh ginger
- Lemon juice
- Fish sauce
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto, Low Carb)
- Baked Cod with Chantarelles & Lingonberries
- Spicy Scallops with Brussel Sprouts & Shiitake
- Miso Fish with Bok Choy
Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Cod fillets
- 1/2 small Zucchini shaved
- A drizzle of Sesame oil
- 1 Orange peeled and seperated
- Pea sprouts, to garnish
For the dressing
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 Orange juiced
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2 tsp Fish sauce (or more if you prefer it salty)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- Put the cod in a baking sage oven pan and season with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 13-20 minutes (depending on how thick your fillets are, it should have an inner temperature of 55 degrees celcius).
- Make the orange and lemon dressing meanwhile the fish is baking.
- Peel and separate the orange.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/high heat with some sesame oil.
- Fry the zucchini on high heat for 1-2 minutes. It should get warm and browned but still be crunchy.
- Put zucchini on the bottom for two plates. Add the oven baked cod on top.
- Top with pea sprouts, orange halfs and orange/lemon dresssing.
5 thoughts on “Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)”