This is a recipe for a delicious and easy flatbread pizza with ricotta, beetroots and goat cheese. This flatbread pizza is really easy to make and only takes 20 minutes. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer, finger food, starter or main course. The crust is gluten free.
I love a good pizza as a starter or appetizer. But yeah, Im actually too lazy to make a real pizza crust. It happens from time to time, but not very often. Therefore I’ve been experimenting a lot with different flatbread pizza crusts. This pizza crust is one if my favorites, and I’ve been using it a lot lately. It is really easy to make, you only need a blender and five minutes to make the dough. The crust turns our really thin and crispy, get not hard and dry. This one is topped with ricotta, beetroot and goat cheese. It is light, but still very tasty and perfect if you want something delicious and flavorful to start your evening. The ricotta cheese provides a light and creamy feeling and texture to the pizza. The thinly sliced beetroots add crunch yet also some sweetness. To add a bit more of a cheesy feeling I added some goat cheese on top, that is perfectly melted and provides such a lovely tangy taste that pairs so well with the beetroot. The flatbread pizza is then topped with roughly chopped walnuts and drizzle with honey. If you haven’t tried combining beetroots, goat cheese, walnuts and honey you need to try this pizza. It might be one if the best combinations ever!
A few tips:
- I made the pizza crust in a high speed blender. But you can just mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- The amount of oat flour can vary a bit. So add little by little more of needed.
- The pizza dough should be firm but still a little sticky.
- Make sure to flour the surface well before rolling out the crust.
- Make the crust at thin as possible.
- A good tip is to roll the dough between two parchment papers.
- Slice the beetroot thinly, preferably using a mandolin.
Ingredients for this Ricotta, Beetroot & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Tapioca flour
- Oat flour
- Olive oil
- Goat cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Ricotta & Tomato Galette (Gluten Free & Lower Fat)
- Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Prosciutto & Peach Flatbread Pizza
- Beetroot Bites Filled with Goat Cheese Cream (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten Free)
Ricotta, Beetroot & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
For the pizza crust
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 dl Tapioca flour
- 3 1/4 + some for dusting dl Oat flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 dl Water
- 1/4 dl Olive oil
For the topping
- 1-2 Beetroots washed and thinly sliced
- 1-2 dl Ricotta
- 50 g Goat cheese
- Walnuts roughly chopped
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add egg to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add to the blender along with the water and olive oil and mix until you have a firm batter.
- Add a little bit of flour on a flat surface and roll the dough into a thin layer.
- Place on parchment paper. Top with ricotta, sliced beetroots and goat cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until it starts to get golden brown and the crust is crispy.
- Take out of the oven and top with walnuts and honey (if using).