This is an easy, gluten free, vegan flatbread pizza that is ready in only 15 minutes. The crust is made out of oat flour and fried in a pan. It’s served with a fresh and herby yoghurt dressing, grilled zucchini and pecan nuts.
I love making pizza, or at least flatbread pizza. To be honest, Im usually too lazy to make real pizza crust. Especially when you can make a delicious flatbread pizza crust in just a few minutes. This flatbread crust can be fried in a pan as I did, or baked in the oven. I’ve tried making flatbread pizza crust with a lot of different flours. And I think that most of them turn out really well. So if you prefer another flour then oat flour feel free to swap.
A few tips:
- Start by adding 3 tbsp of water. Different brands of flour required different amounts of water. So start by adding a little and then add 1 tbsp at a time.
- Don’t make the dough too dry. It should still be a little sticky when it’s ready to roll out. Just dust your rolling space with sufficient flour and you should be fine. If the dough is too dry, the crust will end up dry and boring.
- As mentioned, you can swap the flour to any flour you prefer, but different flours require different amount of water. So just as point one, start by adding a little water and then more. And again, make sure not to make the dough too dry.
- Fry the flatbread on medium heat until it gets golden. Don’t fry it for too long, then it will get dry. I would say its a bigger chance that you fry it for too long than that you end up with an unbaked crust.
- Make the flatbread just when ready to serve. You can prepare all parts. But fry the crust and zucchini just before serving. If you make the pizza and let it sit for a while it might become wet from the herb dressing. And we don’t like wet pizza crust 🙂
Ingrediens for this Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza:
- Oat flour
- (Vegan) plain yoghurt
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Fresh chives
- Fresh mint
- Pecan nuts
- Sea salt
Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free, Vegan)
For the crust
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 3-5 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
For the herb dressing
- 4-5 tbsp (Vegan) plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh chives finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/2-1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2-1 Lemon zest
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
For the topping
- 1 Zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- Sea salt (optional) to top
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a bowl. Start by adding 3 tbsp of water, and then adding more if needed.
- Flour a plain surface and roll out the dough to a thin layer.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices, I used a mandolin.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Fry the flatbread in the nonstick pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, until it's golden brown.
- Fry the zucchini for 1-2 minutes, until it's warm and have grill marks.
- Meanwhile combine the ingredients for the herb sauce in a bowl.
- When the flatbread is done spread the herb sauce over the flatbread.
- Top with zucchini, pecan nuts and sea salt (if using).