This recipe is for a super easy and delicious Chanterelle Flatbread Pizza. This recipe only requires a few minutes of your time and is really easy to make. Serve this Chanterelle Flatbread Pizza as a appetizer, finger food, starter or main course. It is gluten free and can be made dairy free as well.
Making home made pizza has become a regular at my place over the last year. Correction, making flatbread pizza has become a regular over the last year. As much as I dislike a greasy overwhelming pizza I love a really good one using delicious, fresh and high quality topping. I usually use the same pizza crust recipe since I find this one very easy to make, it feels fresh, is crunchy but not too hard as some other gluten free pizza crust can get. And then I just add the topping that Im in the mood for. This one is topped with cream cheese which provides a creamy and delicate taste to the pizza, chanterelles, red onion, flavorful pecorino cheese, arugula and pine nuts. And I also added a little bit of truffle honey on top. This pizza is really perfect to make during late summer and fall when chanterelles are in season. It is both so tasty and flavorful yet light, fresh and doesn’t become overwhelming. This pizza is perfect to serve as an appetizer, finger food, starter or main course. It is gluten free and can be made dairy free if using dairy free cream cheese and cheese.
A few tips:
- Make sure the oven is really hot when you bake the flatbread pizza crust. You can it to get golden brown and baked, but not bake it for too long so it doesn’t become dry and boring.
- You can make this pizza dairy free by replacing the cream cheese and pecorino with dairy free options.
- I love to dry roast the pine nuts, but you can also add non roasted once if you prefer.
- I topped my pizza with some truffle honey, but regular honey or agave is amazing as well. If you use truffle honey make sure to add just a little bit since it is very strong in taste and you don’t want it to take over the flavors from the rest of the pizza.
- The dough can be prepared in advance and then baked just before it’s time to serve it.
Ingredients for this Chanterelle Flatbread Pizza:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Tapioca starch
- Oat flour
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Pecorino/Strong and flavorful cheese
- Red onion
- Pine nuts
- Truffle Honey/Honey (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Ricotta & Beetroot Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Mini Pizza with Apricots & Taleggio (Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Preach Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
Chanterelle Pizza (Gluten Free)
For the crust
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 dl Tapioca starch
- 3 1/4 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Water
- 1/4 dl Olive oil
For the topping
- 50 g Cream cheese
- 100 g Chanterelles
- 50-100 g Strong cheese (I used pecorino) grated
- 1/2 Red onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp Pine nuts
- Arugula, to taste
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pizza crust in a bowl or a blender . Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a thin layer.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes then top with cream cheese, chanterelles, grated cheese and red onion and bake until its golden brown. (About 5-10 minutes).
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat and dry roast the pine nuts until golden brown.
- Top with dry roasted pine nuts, arugula and honey/truffle honey (if desired).