This recipe is for a quick, delicious and super tasty Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza. This pizza only calls for a few staple ingredients for the crust and three ingredients for the topping. The crust is ready in only five minutes and you have a pizza ready to serve within 20-25 minutes. Serve this pizza as an appetizer, finger food, starter or main course. This pizza is gluten free.
I have a new found love for pizza.. or to be honest, flatbread pizza. Because I rarely have the motivation to make a real pizza crust. I’ve been experimenting with a lot of different versions, and at the moment, this is my favorite one. This pizza crust is crunchy, but not hard, it’s thin and light, but still gives you that pizza crust feeling. I wanted to make a fresh and light pizza, only using a few key ingredients for the topping. I wanted it to be both creamy (mozzarella), savory (prosciutto) and sweet (figs) to make a pizza that has a lot of taste, flavor and different textures. The combination of fresh, juicy figs together with the salty prosciutto is amazing. Together with the crunchy pizza crust and melted mozzarella cheese it makes the most amazing combination. This pizza is perfect to serve as an appetizer, finger food, starter or main course. It is gluten free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use high quality ingredients for the topping. You’re only topping it with three ingredients hence they ought to be good once! It really make the biggest difference.
- So make sure to use a creamy and fresh mozzarella. It will really make a big difference compared to using one of the cheaper once that has the texture of gum.
- Use juicy and ripe figs that are sweet. You really want the sweetness to balance up the salty prosciutto.
- That also goes for the prosciutto. Make sure you buy a good quality one.
- Make sure the oven is really hot before you add the curst. You want the crust to bake on high temperature to get crunchy, but not dry.
- You can choose if you want to add the figs after your pizza is done in the oven to have fresh once, or if you prefer them baked. I had my figs baked.
- The pizza is ready when the mozzarella has melted and gotten a little golden brown.
- Don’t place the mozzarella too close to the edges, because it will melt and spread, risking to spread out on the baking sheet if you put it too close to the edge.
Ingredients for this Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Tapioca flour
- Oat flour
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Prosciutto & Peach Flatbread Pizza
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- Fig & Goat Cheese Galette Topped with Red Onion (Gluten Free & Less Fat)
Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- 1 Egg whisked
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 dl Tapioca flour
- 3 1/4 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Water
- 1/4 dl Olive oil
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 dl Mozarella sliced or grated
- 5-6 slices Prosciutto
- 1 Fig sliced
- Fresh basil, to top
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine whisked egg, apple cider vinegar, water and olive oil in a bowl (or use a blender) and mix until well combined.
- Combine oat flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet and mix until you have a firm dough.
- Add a little bit of flour on a flat surface and roll the dough into a thin layer.
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 8-12 minutes, until it starting to get crispy and golden brown.
- Add the cheese and sliced figs and bake until it has melted.
- Take out of the oven, add prosciutto and fresh basil on top.
- Serve warm!