This easy Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza is the perfect starter/appetizer or main dish if your’e looking for something delicious to make. The pizza crust is gluten free and only takes five minutes to make. It’s topped with mozzarella, prosciutto, figs and fresh basil.
I have a new found love for pizza.. or to be honest, flatbread pizza. Because I rarely have the motivation to make a real pizza crust. I’ve been experimenting with a lot of different versions, and at the moment, this is my favorite one. This pizza crust is crunchy, but not hard, it’s thin and light, but still gives you that pizza crust feeling.
Im on a fig high right now, adding in my food to the highest extent I can. They are so juicy, sweet and fresh. I love them both raw, roasted and dried. For this pizza I chose to roast the figs. But if you’d rather have them raw you can add them after baking the pizza crust. One of my favorite ways of pairing figs is with prosciutto. The combination of fresh, juicy figs together with the salty prosciutto is amazing. Together with the crunchy pizza crust and melted mozzarella cheese it makes the most amazing combination.
Can I make the pizza crust using other flours?
I haven’t tried using other types of flours, but Im very confident that this crust could be made using most kind of flours. The only thing you might need to adapt is the amount of water. So if using any other type of flour, start by adding less water and then adding little step by step.
Ingredients for this Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Tapioca flour
- Oat flour
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Prosciutto & Peach Flatbread Pizza
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- Fig & Goat Cheese Galette Topped with Red Onion (Gluten Free & Less Fat)
Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- 1 Egg whisked
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 dl Tapioca flour
- 3 1/4 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Water
- 1/4 dl Olive oil
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 dl Mozarella sliced or grated
- 5-6 slices Prosciutto
- 1 Fig sliced
- Fresh basil, to top
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine whisked egg, apple cider vinegar, water and olive oil in a bowl (or use a blender) and mix until well combined.
- Combine oat flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet and mix until you have a firm dough.
- Add a little bit of flour on a flat surface and roll the dough into a thin layer.
- Place on parchment paper and bake for 8-12 minutes, until it starting to get crispy and golden brown.
- Add tthe cheese and sliced figs and bake until it has melted.
- Take out of the oven, add prosciutto and fresh basil on top.
- Serve warm!