This recipe is for warming, delicious and super easy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes. These apple cinnamon pancakes are both quick and easy to make and only require a few staple ingredients. Serve them for breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon snack. They are both gluten and refined sugar free.
Doesn’t pancakes feel like a luxurious breakfast/brunch/lunch even though they’re so easy to make? At least that’s my feeling! Maybe because it’s not something you make a regular morning, unless you have the day off from work. For me pancakes have always been something that I make for a special occasion, or when I want to treat myself with somethings extra delicious. And what I really love about pancakes is that they are so versatile! You can really flavor them or add anything you crave or like into them, and therefore also never get tired of them. These pancakes are made out of oat flour, including some yogurt to make them more juicy and flavored with vanilla, cinnamon and apples. These pancakes are perfect to serve both for breakfast, brunch, lunch or as an afternoon snack. They are both gluten and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Depending on how thick your yogurt is start by adding 3/4 dl and then adding more if needed.
- Use your favorite apples and make sure the dices aren’t too big. You want to feel the apples and the texture from them, but you also don’t want them to be too big.
- I used two nonstick pans when frying my pancakes to reduce the cooking time.
- I put the fried pancakes in the oven on low heat. This will prevent them from becoming cold and it will also make the edges extra crunchy.
Ingredients for these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes:
- Oat flour
- Plain yogurt
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 dl Oat flour
- 2 dl Water
- 3/4-1 dl Plain yogurt (depending on how thick your yogurt is)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1-2 Apples finely diced
- Coconut oil, to fry
For the topping
- 1-2 Apples diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Stevia granulated sugar (optional, I did not use it)
- Preheat one or two nonstick pans over medium heat.
- Add all the ingredients except for the diced apples to a high speed blender and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the apples and stir using a spoon to make sure they are fully incorporated in the batter.
- Add a little coconut oil to the hot pan/pans.
- Add about 3/4-1 dl of batter (depending on how big you prefer your pancakes) and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat until you've used all of the batter.
- Meanwhile the pancakes are frying preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- When the pan is hot add the diced apples, cinnamon and stevia granulated sugar (if using) and fry until golden brown.
- Place pancakes on plates, top with fried cinnamon apples and granola.