This recipe is for delicious, tender and easy almond flour pancakes. This recipe only requires a few key ingredients and is easy to make. Serve these pancakes for breakfast, brunch, snack or even dessert. These pancakes are both gluten, grain, dairy, sugar free and low carb.
Almond pancakes, that’s nothing I make every day! Not because it’s difficult or hard. But because I see pancakes as something you make for those special occasions or when you want to treat yourself and your company to something extra. These almond flour pancakes are super delicious, tender yet gentle. These pancakes are both gluten, dairy and sugar free and low carb. Therefore they can be served either for breakfast, brunch or as a dessert.
A few tips:
- The batter for these pancakes will be quite thin, but that’s as it should be. Don’t add too much almond milk, otherwise they will break easily when flipped.
- I used two big nonstick pans to fry my pancakes. I made three pancakes at a time. I would recommend you not to make more than three in one pan, otherwise they will be hard to flip.
- I used the oven (on low temperature) to keep the fried pancakes warm while frying the rest of them.
- You can prepare these pancakes in advance and then reheat them in the oven on low heat (my preference) or in the microwave.
- I made my pancakes quite think, just because I prefer them that way. But you can make them thicker if you prefer thicker once, just let them fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- These pancakes are good to store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Ingredients for these Almond Flour Pancakes:
- Almond flour
- Almond milk
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Baking powder
- Stevia granular sugar
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Sugar & Oil Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy & Sugar Free, Low Carb)
- 2 1/2 dl Almond flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2-3 tbsp Almond milk
- 5-8 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (optional, if you prefer sweeter pancakes)
- Coconut oil, to fry
- Preheat one big (or two big pans to finish the frying quicker) nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Preheat the oven to 80 degrees Celcius (optional). To keep the pancakes warm once fried.
- Add almond flour, eggs, stevia vanilla drops, baking powder, salt, almond milk and stevia granular sugar (if using) to a bowl and mix until you have a smooth batter. The batter will be a little thicker than usual pancake batter. If really needed then thin with another tablespoon of almond milk, but the batter should be quite thick.
- Add about 3-4 tablespoons to the pan and spread the batter into round pancakes using a spoon or spatula. You can fry 2-3 pancakes in each pan, but adding more than that might make it hard to flip them.
- Fry the pancakes for approximately 2-3 minutes, until they start to get golden brown and start to set. Then flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with desired topping.