This is a quick, delicious and easy recipe for Scrambled Sweet Potato Pancakes. You only need a hand full of ingredients and maximum 15 minutes to make these scrambled pancakes (if you already have the sweet potato mash ready). Serve these scrambled sweet potato pancakes for breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon snack. They are both gluten, dairy free (if you use dairy free topping) and sugar free.
How else love pancakes? And also, who else thinks they take FOREVER to get done?! For me pancakes is something I only make on more special occasions, because frying a stack takes forever, and Im not that patient. But making scrambled pancakes it such a great alternative when you want pancakes but you want them quick and fast! I mean I would never make pancakes on a regular weekday, and very rarely on a weekend as well. But make them scrambled and you have pancakes in just 10 minutes without having to spend half your morning in the kitchen flipping pancakes. This version is for a sweet potato pancake version, but you can of course scramble your “regular” pancakes as well. So why make sweet potato scrambled pancakes instead of regular? Well, Sweet potato pancakes have a sweet, tender and juicy feeling without adding a lot go other ingredients. They are more filling and nutritious than regular pancakes, and you also need less of them to get filled. Nevertheless they are still very delicious, flavorful and easy to make. I love to serve mine with some fresh yogurt and fresh berries or sugar free jam. Serve these scrambled pancakes for breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon snack. They are both gluten, dairy and sugar free.
A few tips:
- Preferably make the sweet potato mash the day before so it only takes 10 minutes to make.
- You can make the scrambled pancakes as thick or thin as you like depending on how thick you make your pancakes.
- The scrambled pancakes can be fried in advance and then reheated in the oven, micro wave or frying pan.
- Serve them with any topping you like or prefer.
Ingredients for these Scrambled Sweet Potato Pancakes:
- Sweet potato mash
- Plant based milk
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Coconut oil
- Greek yogurt or whipped cream
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
- Pancake Cereal (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berris (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Dutch Baby with Figs & Feta Cheese (Gluten Free)
- Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pears (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
Scrambled Sweet Potato Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- 2 dl Sweet potato mash
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 dl Plant based milk
- 6-8 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Xylitol (optional)
- Coconut oil, to fry
For the topping
- 1 dl Greek yogurt or whipped cream
- 3-4 Strawberries cut in quarters
- 8-10 Blueberries
- Preheat a nonstick pan (or two smaller once) with some coconut oil over medium heat.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pancakes and whisk until you have a smooth and quite thick batter.
- When the pan it hot pour the batter to the nonstick pan and fry for 1-2 minutes. (It will be quite thick).
- When the pancake has set a bit scramble it using a spatula or wooden knife until you have small pancake pieces.
- Fry for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are done.
- Serve with yogurt