This recipe is for classic Swedish pancake. You only need four ingredients, a bowl or a mixer and a frying pan. They’re ready to serve in 20 minutes. These pancakes are both gluten, dairy and sugar free and can be served both sweet or savory.
I guess most people know the smaller fluffy pancakes? Classic American ones. But in Sweden we eat thin crepe like pancakes. I actually prefer traditional Swedish ones over the fluffy ones. I love that they’re thin and crispy, and doesn’t feel too heavy. They’re more delicate and light. Classic Swedish pancakes are made using wheat flour. But since I don’t eat gluten I replaced the wheat flour with oat flour instead. And I actually prefer the oat flour version more. They get even crispier than the regular ones. The best thing about these pancakes is that you can serve them both sweet and savory. They are perfect to make for a big weekend brunch, making a double batch and then just setting the table with everything you’re in the mood for.
A few tips:
- Use a nonstick pan when frying you’re pancakes. That will make them easier to flip.
- If using an iron skillet make sure you use enough coconut oil so that they don’t stick.
- Coconut oil is not required but recommenced when frying. It gives them that extra crunchy surface and golden color.
- A tip is to set the oven to 100 degrees Celsius and put the pancakes that are ready in the oven to present them from cooling down.
- Make sure that the pan is really hot before you start to fry your pancakes. Otherwise they’ll break and just become mushy.
- These pancakes can be made in advance and reheated in the oven on low heat or in the microwave.
- These pancakes can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Ingredients for these Swedish Pancakes:
- Oat flour
- Plant based milk
Other recipes you might like:
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Saffron Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar, Grain Free)
Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 4 dl Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/high heat (choose a pan accoding to how big you prefer you pancakes, these are bigger than tyical fluffy pancakes).
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Add some coconut oil (optional) to the pan and about 3/4-1 dl of batter (depending on how big your pan is. Immediately distribute the batter evenly in the pan. The pancakes should be as thin as possible.
- Fry for 1-2 miutes, flip and fry for another 1 minute.
- Repeat until you fried all the batter.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
One thought on “Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar Free)”