This is a recipe for delicious and cozy Saffron Pancakes. The pancakes are both gluten and sugar free. Serve them for a cozy winter breakfast, brunch or make a delicious dessert out of them.
Pancakes for me is something you don’t make very often, something you only make for the more special occasions. So when I do make them I always try to make them extra special. Now since we’re into holiday times and Christmas is just around the corner I thought what better flavor to make than saffron? These pancakes are soft and tender, with a gentle and delicate saffron flavor. I really don’t like when the saffron takes over, or has a too distinct taste, it should just be subtile and delicate. I also added some fiber syrup to sweeten them a little bit, and I think that saffron and syrup/honey pairs so well. The recipes doesn’t include too much sweetener since I prefer my pancakes less sweet, but the amount of sugar can be adjusted according to taste. These pancakes are perfect to serve for a weekend or holiday breakfast, brunch or even make a delicious dessert out of them. Here I chose to serve my pancakes with greek yogurt, raisins, home made blueberry balsamic sauce and slivered almonds.
Ingredients for these Saffron Pancakes:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Fiber syrup/agave or honey
- Stevia granular sugar
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Oat Flour Dutch Baby with Yogurt & Fresh Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten & Sugar Free, Low Fat)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Gingerbread Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Dutch Baby with Pear (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Banana Dutch Baby (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Pancake Popovers (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Swedish Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
Saffron Pancakes (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)
- 2 1/2 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 dl Milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 g Saffron
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 3-4 tbsp Stevia granular sugar (optional, I did not use it)
- 2-3 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry small pancakes using approximately 1/2 dl of batter for each. Don't fry too many at the same time, it will make it hard to flip them. Fry for 2-3 min on each side.
- Repeat until you have used the batter, or fry as many as you like and store the rest of the batter in the fridge.
5 thoughts on “Saffron Pancakes (Gluten, Sugar & Dairy Free)”