This is a warming and flavorful spiced baked oatmeal. It’s really easy to make, perfect for meal prep purposes and can be adapted according to different preferences. This baked oatmeal is vegan, gluten & sugar free, sweetened with banana. If you prefer your oatmeal even sweeter you can easily add some liquid sweetener of choice.
This baked oatmeal is a great way of making your regular oatmeal a bit more interesting, delicious and more dessert like. The oatmeal if soft, warming from all the spices and gently sweetened using banana. It’s topped with a delicious and crunchy crumble using oats, pecans and sunflower seeds. It’s perfect to make a big pan to have a delicious breakfast ready for weekday breakfasts, just ready to warm up and eat. You can adapt the spices and topping according to your own preferences. I prefer my oatmeal less sweet, therefore only using banana as a sweetener. But if you like to have it even sweeter just add in some liquid sweetener of your choice.
This oatmeal if perfect to eat during cold mornings when you need something warming, spiced and healthy. It’s so perfect to have in the fridge since you have your breakfast ready in a minute or two. This oatmeal is good to store for 5-6 days in the fridge.
Ingredients for this Spiced Baked Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble:
- Sunflower seeds
- Pecan nuts
- Coconut oil
- Apple sauce
- Fiber syrup (optional
- Plant based milk
- Vanilla stevia drops or vanilla extract
- Ground ginger
- All spice
- Cauliflower Porridge with Rhubarb & Pistachio Nuts (Paleo Friendly)
- Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Spiced Baked Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the crumble
- 2 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Pecan nuts
- 2 tsp Coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp Apple sauce
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Fiber syrup (optional, I did not use it since I prefer it less sweet)
For the oatmeal
- 5 dl Oats
- 1 Ripe banana mashed
- 3 1/2 dl Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 3-4 Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp All spice
- A pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Liquid sweetener if you prefer your oatmeal sweeter (optional, I did not use it)
Method for the topping
- Mix oats, sunflower seeds and pecan nuts to a coarse texture in a blender.
- Add the melted and cooled coconut oil, apple sauce, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until everything is combined.
Method for the oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the banana well in a bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and combine using a spoon.
- Add to a oven safe dish, top with the crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.