This is a warming and flavorful spiced baked oatmeal. It’s really easy to make, perfect for meal prep purposes and can be adapted according to different preferences. This baked oatmeal is vegan, gluten & sugar free, sweetened with banana. If you prefer your oatmeal even sweeter you can easily add some liquid sweetener of choice.
Baked oatmeal is a great way of spicing up your regular oatmeal in an easy, festive and delicious way. The oatmeal if soft, warming from all the spices and gently sweetened using banana. It’s topped with a delicious and crunchy crumble using oats, pecans and sunflower seeds. It’s perfect to make a big pan baked oatmeal to make sure you have a delicious and warming breakfast or afternoon snack, ready to reheat and eat though out the week. You can adapt the spices and topping according to your own preferences. I prefer my oatmeal less sweet, therefore only using banana as a sweetener. But if you like to have it even sweeter just add in liquid sweetener of your choice. Serve it just as it is, with some yogurt, milk, jam or fruits.
A few tips:
- I used banana to sweeten my baked oatmeal, if you prefer it sweeter you can add a liquid sweetener to make it sweeter.
- The amount of spices can be adjusted according to taste depending on how “spiced” you prefer your oatmeal.
- I used pecan nuts for this oatmeal, but you can use almonds, hazelnuts or even pistachio nuts if you don’t have/like pecan nuts.
- You can also make this oatmeal nut free by using more sunflowers or adding sunflower seeds instead of nuts.
- Do not bake this oatmeal for too long. You want it to set, but still feel slightly wobbly in the middle. It will firm up as it cools. Otherwise you’ll risk it turning out dry instead of moist and juicy.
- This baked oatmeal is good to store in the fridge for 5-6 days.
Ingredients for this Spiced Baked Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble:
- Sunflower seeds
- Pecan nuts
- Coconut oil
- Apple sauce
- Fiber syrup (optional
- Plant based milk
- Vanilla stevia drops or vanilla extract
- Ground ginger
- All spice
Other recipes you might like:
- Porridge Waffles Two Ways (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cardamom & Berry Baked Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Apple Cheesecake Muffins (Gluten, Nut, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Plum & Fig Walnut Crumble Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cake (Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Cottage Cheese & Yogurt Soufflé (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Chocolate Baked Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Cardamom Overnight Oats with Fried Apples & Yogurt (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Cauliflower Porridge with Rhubarb & Pistachio Nuts (Paleo Friendly)
- Grain Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Nut Free Chocolate Tahini Granola (Vegan, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Spiced Baked Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the crumble
- 2 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 dl Pecan nuts
- 2 tsp Coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 tsp Apple sauce
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Fiber syrup (optional, I did not use it since I prefer it less sweet)
For the oatmeal
- 5 dl Oats
- 1 Ripe banana mashed
- 3 1/2 dl Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 3-4 Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp All spice
- A pinch of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Liquid sweetener if you prefer your oatmeal sweeter (optional, I did not use it)
Method for the topping
- Mix oats, sunflower seeds and pecan nuts to a coarse texture in a blender.
- Add the melted and cooled coconut oil, apple sauce, cinnamon and salt. Pulse until everything is combined.
Method for the oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the banana well in a bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and combine using a spoon.
- Add to a oven safe dish, top with the crumble.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
7 thoughts on “Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)”