This is a recipe for delicious, healthy and easy Oatmeal Breakfast Bars filled with berries. You only need one bowl and five minutes to make the batter. These bars are both vegan, gluten, sugar and oil free. They are great to eat for a quick breakfast or an afternoon snack.
If you like to meal prep and make sure you always have something healthy and delicious in your fridge then you have to try these oatmeal bars. They are so easy to make, only using one bowl and a few staple ingredients. The batter is ready in only five minutes and then you have yourself a healthy breakfast or snack for the rest of the week. These bars are easy to adapt and vary by adding different add-ins if you want to mix it up from time to time. But I really love adding berries, it provides them a fresh touch. These bars can be made using both regular egg or flax egg, the result will be great either ways, so use the one you prefer. I haven’t tried them with chia egg, but Im guessing that would work as well.
A few tips:
- Make sure to use really ripe bananas.
- Mash the banana well, not leaving any too big chunks.
- You can adapt the amount of vanilla and fiber syrup depending on how sweet you prefer them.
- If you want to make them even sweeter add some stevia granular sugar (or similar). But just a little bit.
- Let the bake cool before cutting it.
- Store these bars in a box in the fridge.
- They are good to store for up to five days.
Ingredients for these Oatmeal Bars with Berries:
- Oat flour
- Ripe banana
- Egg/Flax egg
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Baking powder
- Fiber syrup or agave
- Mixed berries
Other recipes you might like:
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
- Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Oatmeal Bars with Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- 2 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 2 1/2 dl Oats
- 3 ripe Bananas mashed
- 1 Egg/flax egg
- 5-6 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup or agave
- 150 g Mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Lina a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax egg while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (if using flax egg).
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add vanilla drops and egg/flax egg to the banana and combine.
- Add oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Add half of the batter to the baking pan and spread to an even layer.
- Sprinkle berries on the oat mixture evenly.
- Add rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it cool before cutting.