This recipes is for a delicious, creamy and easy Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce. This recipe only requires a few key ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. It is perfect to make if you don’t like making breakfast in the morning or if you want to have a afternoon snack ready in the fridge for when the hunger kicks in. These overnight oats are both gluten and sugar free.
Im not a big breakfast eater, mostly because I don’t like to put the time or effort into it during the morning. Im more kind of an “up and go” person, no time for long breakfasts or cooking during the mornings. Therefore overnight oats are my go to if I want breakfast or a healthy afternoon snack that can be prepared in advance. Overnight oats are so great to make since there are endless variations and ways to make it. This overnight oats is a combination of chia seeds and oats that are mixed with yogurt and milk and seasoned with vanilla. I love the combination of chia seeds that have a bit of a texture together with the soft and creamy oats. By adding yogurt instead of only using milk makes this overnight oat so creamy, delicious and even a bit more filling. The overnight oat is then topped with a home made Peach Sauce that is super easy to make, cinnamon fried peaches and almonds. These overnight oats are perfect when you want a breakfast on the go or a healthy afternoon snack that you can bring with you. It is both gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I used plain yogurt when making this overnight oats. But you can use any yogurt you want or prefer.
- This overnight oats can be made vegan by using vegan yogurt.
- I like to make the oats straight in the bowl or glass I want to use, but you can also make it in a big bowl and then divide the oats between bowls/glasses before serving.
- It’s a good idea to cook the home made peach sauce the day before serving it, just to have everything prepared in the morning except for the fried peaches. But you can cook the sauce 20 minutes before serving it.
- You can prepare the cinnamon fried peaches in advance, but I really love them freshly fried and warm. It makes such a wonderful combination with the cold and creamy overnight oats.
- The overnight chia oats are good to store in the fridge for up to five days.
Ingredients for these Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce:
- Chia seeds
- Plain yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Peach Compote
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Greek Yogurt with Home Made Raspberry Jam & Granola (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Oatmeal Bars with Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Overnight Chia Oats with Peach Sauce (Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the overnight chia oats
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 dl Oats
- 1/2 dl Plain yogurt
- 1 dl Milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the topping
- 4 tbsp Peach Compote (check note below)
- 1 Peach pitted and sliced
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Coconut oil, to fry
- 6-8 Almonds roughly chopped
- Divide the ingredients for the overnight chia oats between two glasses or bowls and stir to combine. Place in the fridge for at least six hours.
- When ready to serve take them out and let them rest while you prepare the fried peaches.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Add the sliced peaches and cinnamon to the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, just until golden brown and a bit warm and softened.
- Divide the peach sauce between the two bowls and top with the fried peaches and roughly chopped almonds.