This recipe is for an easy, delicious and tasty overnight oats. This overnight oats only requires two minutes of your time and just a few key ingredients. This is a really simple and easy recipe that can be adapted according to taste and preferences. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free. Serve this overnight oats for breakfast or snack.
If you’re like me and don’t want to spend your morning preparing breakfast then overnight oats should be a favorite recipe of yours. I mean who doesn’t like oats? I love it all forms and ways. It so great since it’s so versatile, wallet friendly and healthy. There are a million ways of making overnight oats, but I really prefer the simple and basic ones. Why make it complicated when you can make it simple and delicious?! This recipe is made with oats, almond milk, stevia vanilla drops and cinnamon. Then I also added in some freeze-dried raspberries just to add a fresh and little sour taste to it, to cut off the sweetness from the vanilla and cinnamon. But they are really optional and can also be replaced by fresh raspberries or any other berries, or omitted completely. I topped my overnight oats with greek style vegan yogurt to add some tanginess, crunchy peanut butter to have a bit of nutty flavor and then crunchy low carb granola. This overnight oats can be served either for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. It’s really so convenient to have in the fridge and just bring out when you need it.
A few tips:
- Make sure to prepare the overnight oat at least three hours before eating it. But preferably over night.
- I like to take out my oats 10-15 minutes before eating it so it’s not too cold.
- Stir the oats before topping it.
- Top you oats just when about to eat. You don’t want the granola to become soggy.
- This overnight oats is good to store in the fridge for up to four days.
Ingredients for this Vanilla Overnight Oats:
- Plant based milk
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- Freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
- (Vegan) greek style yogurt
- Peanut butter
Other recipes you might like:
- Oven Baked Banana Pancake (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar, Oil Free)
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan, & Gluten Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Vanilla Overnight Oats (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the overnight oats
- 3 dl Oats
- 3 dl Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
- A pinch of Salt
For the topping
- 2-3 tbsp Plain yogurt (or yogurt of your choice)
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp Granola
- Divide the oats in two bowls, jars or glasses.
- Divide milk, stevia/vanilla extract, cinnamon, freeze-dried raspberries (if using) and salt equally between the two bowls and combine. Let it rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably over night.
- Take out of the fridge and give the oats a stir before topping it. (I like to take it out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before eating it so it's not to cold).
- Top with yogurt, peanut butter and granola and serve.