This is a warming and delicious Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes. It’s served with roasted and caramelized figs and warm milk to really get that fall/winter feeling. To add some crunch I topped it with coconut flakes and chopped pecan nuts.
Im not the biggest breakfast fan. I usually skip breakfast, or eat it quite late. I don’t like getting very full in the morning, I just like to grab something small and easy. But when I do make breakfast I love to make oatmeal. It’s so quick, versatile and delicious. It feels so cozy and gives me a warming feeling to sit down with a bowl of oatmeal. And the fact that it actually is warm and great for your stomach, but without being too heavy is what I love most about it. This oatmeal is seasoned with vanilla to give it some extra warm flavor. It’s topped with roasted figs, coconut flakes and chopped pecan nuts. My best tip when serving oatmeal is to serve it with warm milk. It makes it feel extra comforting and warming. I would also recommend you to drizzle a little liquid sweetener on top. It pairs so well with the roasted figs and gives it some additional sweetness.
Ingredients for this Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes:
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Coconut flakes
- Pecan nuts
- Liquid sweetener
Other recipes you might like:
- Mango, Kiwi & Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Cauliflower Porridge with Rhubarb & Pistachio Nuts (Paleo Friendly)
- Chocolate Tahini Granola Breakfast Bowl with Baked Cherries
- Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 dl Oats (Gluten free)
- 4-4 1/2 dl Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Fig cut into wedges
- 2-3 tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- Fiber syrup (or any other liquid sweeter), to top
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the figs into wedges and place on a parchment covered sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on how big your wedges are and how juicy/dry you prefer your figs).
- Add oats, water, salt and stevia/vanilla extract to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let it shimmer for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile in a seperate pot warm the milk on low heat until warm.
- Place the oatmeal in two bowls.
- Pour the warm milk over the oatmeal.
- Top with coconut flakes, pecan nuts and the baked figs.
- Drizzle liquid sweetener on top if you like.
7 thoughts on “Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)”