These Five Seed Crackers are my all time favorite crackers to make! They are delicious, easy and only required six key ingredients. They a vegan, gluten & oil free, and don’t require any flour. I use them instead of bread when making a toast, add them as a side to my salad, use them when making cheese boards or just eat them as a snack.
These seed crackers are seriously so delicious and easy to make. You only need to soak the seeds and then place them on a parchment covered baking sheet in a thin layer. The hardest part of making these crackers is the waiting part when they are in the oven. I have chosen my five favorite seeds when making these crackers. Both the amount (ratios) can be adapted, as well as adding or replacing any seed with another. Thats the great thing about these crackers. It kind of “throw in what you have and what you like”. This time I made the crackers by only adding sea salt on top. But they can be seasoned in any way you like!
Some seasoning and add-in ideas:
- Dry herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, cumin)
- Paprika powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dry cranberries
Ingredients for these Five Seed Crackers:
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Sea salt (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free, Can Be Made Paleo)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Zucchini & Tahini Breakfast Cookies
Five Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Flour & Oil Free)
- 1 dl Sunflower seeds
- 1 dl Pumpkin seeds
- 1 dl Flax seeds
- 1/2 dl Chia seeds
- 1/2 dl Sesame seeds
- Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius.
- Add all the seeds to a mix and mix with a spoon.
- Add water until it coveres the seeds.
- Let it sit until the seeds have soaked up the water (10-15 minutes).
- Stir the seeds and then add them to a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Spread the mixture thinly over the baking sheet. I usually place another parchment paper over the mixture and then spread it. It makes it easier to get an even layer and you wont get your hands messy. If using a second parchment paper, remove it when you have spread out the mixture to a thin layer.
- Add sea salt on top (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until its golden brown and crispy.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let the cracker rest for a few minutes before breaking it into pieces.
- If you prefer making equal squares or rectangular crackers cut the spread in desired shapes before baking it.