This recipe is for an easy, delicious and healthy nut and dried fruit bread. You only need one bowl, a few key ingredients and 10 minutes to prep the batter. This bread is both gluten, oil and egg free.
There is a bakery here in Sweden that makes an amazing fruit and nut bread. I love this bread so much, but since I can’t eat gluten I haven’t been able to eat it for… I don’t even remember how long. Anyways, it’s just amazing. I have tried gluten free nut and fruit breads, but they are not the same.. they can’t even compare to be honest. So I thought I have to give it a try and make one myself. And voilá – here it is! It’s soft, moist, tender and super delicious. And ok, its not 100 percent as the one from the bakery, but it’s pretty damn close! I made this bread several times, sometimes using less nuts and fruits, sometimes using more…depending on what Im in the mood for. In this shot I used 3 dl (1 1/4 cup) mixed nuts and fruits. So depending on how you prefer your bread, you can easily adjust the amount of nuts and fruits.
A few tips:
- Chop the nuts and fruits before adding them to the batter. But don’t make too small pieces, you still want to feel the texture and taste when you take a bite of the bread.
- You can use any nuts, seeds and dried fruits. Just add what you like and prefer.
- Try to distribute the nuts and fruits evenly in the batter.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting it.
- This bread is good to store for 4-5 days.
- Cut the bread into slices and put in the freezer.
- Use a runny yogurt, don’t use a thick greek yogurt or similar. That will make the batter too thick.
Ingredients for this Nut & Fruit Bread:
- Mixed nuts and dried fruits (I used walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, dried figs, dried apricots, raisins)
- Buckwheat flour
- Oat flour
- Corn flour
- Baking soda
- Plain yogurt
Other recipes you might like:
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Five Seed Crackers (Vegan, Gluten, Flour & Oil Free)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
Nut & Fruit Bread (Gluten, Oil & Egg Free)
- 3-4 dl Mixed nuts and dried fruits (I used walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, dried figs, dried apricots, raisins)
- 3 dl Buckwheat flour
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Corn flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 5 dl Plain yogurt (not a thick one)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the nuts and fruits and add to a bowl.
- Add the flours, salt and baking soda an mix until combined.
- Add the yogurt and mix until you have a smooth batter (it will be quite thick).
- Add the batter to a parchment lined baking pan and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes. (Until a inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Let it cool completely before slicing.