These recipe for easy, tasty, quick and super delicious breakfast buns made with Swedish filmjölk is a must try if you want something freshly baked that comes together in the blink of an eye. These breakfast buns only require a hand full of ingredients and only takes five minutes to prepare. Make these filmjölksfrallor/breakfast buns with filmjölk for breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon snack. They are gluten, oil and sugar free.
Nothing beats a freshly baked bread, right?! But what if you wake up and want freshly baked bread for breakfast or brunch, or just suddenly get a craving for freshly baked bread during the day? But don’t want to spend too much time kneading, preparing and then waiting for 2-3 hours before you’re able to eat it? Ok, you could go to a bakery and buy some… or you can make these easy, quick and delicious breakfast buns that only require five minutes of your time and are most probably ready quicker than going to the bakery and back. Not only are they quick and easy to make, they’re also made with staple ingredients that you most probably have at home, with a base of oat flour, oats and Swedish filmjölk. Don’t worry, they can also be made using kefir, yogurt or by mixing milk with lemon juice/apple cider vinegar The taste will be slightly different, but still good enough. These breakfast buns are not only really easy to make but also to vary by adding different types of add-ins or flavorings.
A few tips:
- If you don’t have/can’t find Swedish Filmjölk you can use kefir, plain yogurt or butter milk instead. If using butter milk you might need 1-2 tbsp oat flour more.
- Make your own oat flour since its much cheaper than buy store bought ones.
- You can make round breakfast buns or one larger round or loaf formed bread if preferred.
- If making a loaf or big round bread I would recommend you to bake it in a bread loaf/round baking dish.
- Depending on how large and tall you make your buns the baking time will vary from approximately 16-20 minutes. If making one large loaf/round bread it will take approximately 35-45 minutes.
- If the bread isn’t golden brown when almost done increase the heat to 220 degrees Celsius and bake for 2-4 minutes more. Make sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- You can also bake these breakfast buns in an air fryer at 180 degrees Celsius for 14-18 minutes.
- You can vary these breakfast buns by adding different add-ins or flavorings such as grated carrots, zucchini, apple, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, saffron, cumin, lingonberries just to mention a few.
Ingredients for these Filmjölksfrallor – Breakfast Buns with Swedish Filmjölk:
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
- Filmjölk/kefir/plain yogurt/butter milk
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Buns (Gluten Free, Oil & Nut Free)
- Black Bean Bread with Seeds (Gluten, Egg & Oil Free)
- Nut & Fruit Bread (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini Bread (Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
- Easy Nut & Seed Bread (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Filmjölksfrallor – Breakfast Buns with Swedish Filmjölk (Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 dl Oats
- 3 dl Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 dl Filmjölk (sour milk)/kefir/plain yogurt
- Sea salt, to top
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except for the sea salt, stir until you have a smooth and thick batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form 4-6 equally sized buns and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt on top.
- Bake in the oven for 16-20 minutes. Increase the heat to 220 degrees Celsius and bake for another 2-4 minutes, until the buns are golden brown (just if needed).
- Serve slightly cooled.