This noodle dish is easy, tasty flavorful. It’s vegan, gluten free and low carb (if using shirataki noodles). This dish is ready in only 15 minutes and perfect to make for meal prepping purpose or when you need an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
I love a good bowl of noodles. Especially when it has a creamy yet fresh sauce and lots of vegetables. These noodles are covered with a delicious and creamy tahini sauce and served with brussel sprouts, kale and mushrooms. This dish is perfect to make for meal prep purpose or when you need a quick and delicious weeknight meal. It’s also easy to adapt according to what vegetables you have at home or prefer. The kale can be replaced for black kale and brussel sprouts for broccoli for example. I used both button and shiitake mushrooms in my bowl. But they can also be replaced for mushrooms of your choice. To add some crunch I topped my noodles with roughly chopped almonds, I love how they add some nuttiness and crunch to the dish.
Ingredients for these Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan & Gluten Free):
- Noodles of your choice
- Brussel sprouts
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Lemon juice
- Tamari or soya sauce
- Rice vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Zoodles with Broccoli & Almond Pesto (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Tofu Bowl with a Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 servings Noodles of your choice (I used shirataki noodles)
- 8 Brussel sprouts divided in quarters
- 3-4 stems Kale stem removed and divided into smaller pieces
- 1 Scallion sliced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- Sesame oil, to fry
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
- 5 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar (can be replaced by white wine vinegar)
- 1-2 tbsp Water (to thin if needed)
- Almonds, to top roughly chopped
- Cilantro, to top
- Combine the tahini, fresh lemon juice, tamari and rice vinegar in a small bowl and whick until combined. Add some water if needed.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/high heat.
- Add the brussle sprouts, kale and scallions and some water to the pan and let the vegetables sauté until the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles (unless using shirataki noodles).
- Lower the heat of the pan to medium.
- Drizzle some sesame oil, add the minced garlic and stir together with the rest of the vegetables. Let it fry for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles, sesame seeds (if using) and tahini sauce and stir together.
- Cook until everything is warm.
- PLace the noodles in a bowl.
- Top with roughly chopped almonda and cilantro.