This recipe is for an easy, tasty and flavorful Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms. It’s vegan, gluten free and low carb (if using shirataki noodles). This dish is ready in only 15 minutes and perfect to make for meal prepping purpose, as an easy and quick weeknight meal or for a weekend dinner.
I love a good bowl of noodles. Especially when it has a creamy yet fresh sauce and lots of vegetables. These noodles are covered with a delicious and creamy tahini sauce and served with Brussel sprouts, kale and mushrooms. You have a lovely combination of creamy and nutty tahini sauce, warm and tender Brussels sprouts, fresh kale and crunchy almonds. This dish is perfect to make for meal prep purpose or when you need a quick and delicious weeknight meal. It’s also easy to adapt according to what vegetables you have at home or prefer. The kale can be replaced for black kale and brussel sprouts for broccoli for example. I used both button and shiitake mushrooms in my bowl. But they can also be replaced for mushrooms of your choice.
A few tips:
- I used shirataki noodles for this dish. But you can use any noodles that you prefer and have at home.
- Make sure to use a creamy tahini.
- If you want to make this dish a little spicer you can add fresh chili when frying the vegetables.
- Make sure to sauté the vegetables until warm and softened, but not overcooked. They should still hold some crunch and chewing resistance.
- If you prefer your noodles nut free you can use pumpkin, sunflower or sesame seeds instead of the almonds.
- You can also use cashew nuts, peanuts or hazelnuts to top the noodles.
Ingredients for these Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb):
- Noodles of your choice
- Brussel sprouts
- Red chili (optional)
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Lemon juice
- Tamari or soya sauce
- Rice vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Zoodles with Broccoli & Almond Pesto (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Tofu Bowl with a Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Mushroom Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Five Minute Spicy Tahini Shirataki Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Gochujang Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 servings Noodles of your choice (I used shirataki noodles)
- 8 Brussel sprouts divided in quarters
- 3-4 stems Kale stem removed and divided into smaller pieces
- 1 Scallion sliced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1/2-1 Red chili (optional) minced
- Sesame oil, to fry
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
- 5 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar (can be replaced by white wine vinegar)
- 1-2 tbsp Water (to thin if needed)
- Almonds, to top roughly chopped
- Cilantro, to top
- Combine the tahini, fresh lemon juice, tamari and rice vinegar in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add some water if needed.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/high heat.
- Add the brussle sprouts, kale and scallions and some water to the pan and let the vegetables sauté until the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles (unless using shirataki noodles).
- Lower the heat to medium and drizzle some sesame oil in the pan.
- Add the minced garlic and red chili (if using) and stir together with the rest of the vegetables. Let it fry for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles, sesame seeds (if using) and tahini sauce and stir together.
- Cook until everything is warm.
- Place the noodles in a bowl.
- Top with roughly chopped almonda and cilantro.