This recipe is for delicious and easy Spicy Gochujang Noodles. This dish is super easy to make, only require a few key ingredients and ready in only 10 minutes! Serve this dish for lunch or dinner or make it for meal prep purpose. You can also add your favorite protein to make it more filling if desired. These spicy gochujang noodles are both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Noodles are such a convenient and great dish to make that can be varied endlessly! They’re perfect to make with just any vegetables you have at home, serve in a soup or like here, make them with a delicious and tasty sauce. These spicy gochujang noodles are both spicy, flavorful, delicious and super easy to make! And they can easily be adapted according to taste, food preferences and allergies. If you want to make them even more filling you can just add some tofu, chicken, salmon or shrimps on top. I used shirataki fettuccini when making this dish, but you can use any noodles you like or have at home. Make this dish for lunch, dinner or for meal prep purpose. These noodles are both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can adapt the amount of gochujang paste according to how spicy you prefer your noodles.
- I used peanut butter when making these noodles, but you can use any nut or seed butter you have at home. It will affect the taste slightly, but not to any bigger extent.
- If you don’t like or have cashew nuts you can replace them with peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds or sesame seeds.
- Serve these noodles as they are or top them with your favorite protein.
- I love making a big batch and make lunch boxes out of them. And to vary them slightly from day to day I eat them plain or/and add different types of protein in each box.
Ingredients for these Spicy Gochujang Noodles:
- Gochujang paste
- Tamari or Japanese soya sauce
- Peanut butter
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Sugar snaps
- Chili flakes
- Cashew nuts
Other recipes you might like:
- Tofu Bowl with A Spicy Tamarind Dressing (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Oyster Mushroom Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Five Minute Spicy Tahini Shirataki Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Spicy Gochujang Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
For the noodles
- 250 g Shirataki noodles (or any other noodles of choice)
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green part separated) thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tamari or Japanese soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
For the topping
- 1/2 Cucumber cored and cut into half moons
- 4-5 Sugar snaps thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- Chili flakes, to taste (optional)
- Cashew nuts
- Cilantro roughly chopped
- Start by dividing the cucumber and core it using a spoon. Then slice into half moons. Place in a bowl and add rice vinegar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook your noodles according to the description unless using shirataki noodles as I did.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry the garlic and white parts of the scallion until golden brown.
- Combine gochujang, tamari/soya sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Then add to the hot pan and stir to combine until incorporated with the garlic and scallion.
- Add the noodles and fry for a few minutes until warm.
- Preheat another nonstick pan and add the cashew nuts and dry roast until golden brown.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls and top with cashew nuts, cucumber, thinly sliced sugar snaps, chili flakes (if using), cilantro and mint. Serve warm.
One thought on “Spicy Gochujang Noodles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)”