This recipe is for an easy, fresh yet spicy bowl made with oyster mushrooms. This dish is really easy to make and only requires 15 minutes of your time. It is both vegan, gluten, gran free and low carb. The amount of heat can easily be adapted according to taste and preferences.
I love mushrooms in general. They’re so versatile and have an amazing texture and taste. They’re specially good if you want to replace meat due to the texture that can make a vegan dish feel more meaty. Using mushrooms is a great idea if you don’t like or eat other vegan “meat” alternatives such as tofu, tempeh or vegan minced. This spicy osier mushroom salad bowl is a great alternative to make if you want a spicy asian inspired dish with a meaty feeling. The amount of heat can easily be adjusted according to preferences and taste. This dish only takes 15 minutes to make and is both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can either cut the oyster mushrooms into smaller pieces if you prefer the dish to be more like “minced meat” or keep the oyster pieces larger if you prefer to have it more like a piece of beef.
- Let the oysters fry until they are a bit softened and warm, but not for too long so they don’t get too soft and mushy.
- I prefer my broccoli a bit crunchy, so I only fry it for a few minutes until it gets warm and a bit golden, yet not soft.
- The cauliflower rice should only be fried for 1 minute or so, just until it gets browned and warm, yet not soft.
- This dish is good to keep in the fridge for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Ingredients for this Spicy Oyster Mushroom Bowl:
- Oyster mushrooms
- Miso paste
- Tamari or soya sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Fresh ginger
- Red chili
- Cauliflower rice
- Lime juice
- Sesame oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- Tofu Bowl with a Spicy Tamarind Dressing
- Sesame Fried Cauliflower Rice with Marinated Aubergine
- Tahini Sauce Noodles with Brussel Sprouts, Kale & Mushrooms (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad Bowl (Vegan & Gluten Free, Low Carb)
Spicy Oyster Mushroom Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 250 g Oyster mushrooms cut into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp Miso paste
- 3 tbsp Tamari or Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/2-1 Garlic clove minced
- 1/2-1 Red chili thinly sliced
- 3-4 dl Cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 Broccoli floret divided into smaller pieces
- Sesame oil
- Mint, to top
- Cilantro, to top
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some sesame oil.
- Add the garlic clove and minced ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Meahwhile stir together the miso, tamari, rice vinegar, mirin in a small bowl.
- Add in the oyster mushrooms, half of the red chili and the sauce to the pan and let it fry until softened and golden.
- Meanwhile preheat another frying pan and fry the broccoli in some sesame oil until browned and a little softened, but still crunchy.
- When the broccoli is done add some more sesame oil, the cauliflower rice, lime juice and let it fry for just 1 minutes until it's a little browned and warm.
- Place everything in two bowls. Garnish with cilantro, mint and more red chili.
5 thoughts on “Spicy Oyster Mushroom Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)”