This Roasted Red Cabbage is a perfect dish to make when you want something warm and flavorful, yet light and easy. It’s really easy to make and you can serve it both as lunch, side dish or main course. You only need three main ingredients to make this dish, and it really prepares itself while you can relax and spend your time on more important things.
Not only is this dish so easy to make, it’s very wallet friendly, nutritious and easy to vary with different toppings. When baking red cabbage it gets a lovely subtile sweet taste. The cabbage steak is soft and tender but still holds some crunch, which gives it a lovely texture. I made a tahini and yoghurt dressing to serve along with the cabbage steak. The combination of the warm and sweet red cabbage, the tangy and nutty tahini yoghurt dressing, fresh herbs and these Crispy Oven Baked Chickpeas makes such a lovely combination.
Ingredients for this Oven Baked Cabbage with a Tahini Yoghurt Dressing:
- Red cabbage
- (Vegan) yoghurt
- Oven Baked Crispy Chickpeas (optional)
Other easy and healthy dishes you might like:
- Salad Cups with Shrimp & Nectarine Salsa
- Grilled Avocado with Roasted Quinoa
- Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yoghurt Bed
- Grilled Romain Lettuce
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh (Oil & Gluten Free)
Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
- 1/2 Red cabbage sliced into 2 cm thin slices
- 4 tbsp (Vegan) yoghurt of your choice
- 1-2 tbsp Tahini (depending on how strong tahini flavor you prefer)
- 1/2-1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Oven baked chickpeas (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the cabbage and put on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the edges stat to get golden.
- Meanwhile combine yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice in a bowl. Taste to see if more tahni or seasoning is needed.
- Using a spoon add the tahini yoghurt to a plate and spread evenly.
- When the cabbage is done put on the yoghurt.
- Add oven baked chickpeas (if using) and top with cilantro.