This Cauliflower Tabbouleh is a gluten free and healthier version of the classic tabbouleh. This salad is filled with lots of different flavors, its fresh and so easy and quick to make. If you have been following me for a while you know that Im all about the fresh and delicious salads. But at the same time, I don’t want them to be too heavy, especially not if you’re having them as a side dish to a main course. I wanted to make this amazing salad eatable for everyone, that’s why I switched bulgur for cauliflower which makes it both gluten free and paleo friendly. The original recipe also includes a lot of olive oil… and Im not a fan of olive oil at all. For me it makes the salad too heavy and greasy. So this version only has a little drizzle of olive oil (and that is also optional, because it’s so good even without) when frying the cauliflower. By skipping the olive oil the herbs and the fresh lemon juice really plays the leading part in this salad. And it’s absolutely delicious.
I have been making this salad for quite some time now, and I never get tired of it. This salad is like a chameleon, it just blends in and matches with everything! I serve it with chicken, fish, meat, as a light lunch with just some feta cheese or shrimps and part of a biiiig mezze dinner. It just never goes wrong.
Ingredients for this Cauliflower Tabbouleh:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mint leafs
- Olive oil (optional)
Cauliflower Tabbouleh (Oil & Gluten Free)
- 1/2 Cauliflower head riced
- 2 Scallions (both white and green parts) thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cucumber finely diced
- 6-8 Cherry tomatoes finely diced
- 2 hands full of Parsley finely chopped
- 1 hand full of Mint leafs finely chopped
- 1 Lemon juiced
- A drizzle of Olive oil (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Run the cauliflower in a blender until you have a couscous-like texture.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medlum heat with a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the cauliflower couscous and fry until it starts to get some color. Stir occasioanlly.
- Meanwhile dice, slice and chop the rest of the ingredients and put in a bowl.
- When cauliflower is done add it to the bowl and squeeze the lemon juice over everything.
- Season according to taste with salt and pepper and combine everything well.
- Garnish with a few extra tomatoes on top (optional).