This recipe is for a fresh and tasty Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette. This potato salad is both easy to make and only requires a few key ingredients. It is perfect to make for BBQ nights, include in a buffet or just serve along with a summer dinner. It is both vegan, gluten, dairy and oil free.
Nothing says summer like a potato salad made with fresh potatoes. It really is the ultimate side dish that can be served along with everything. This potato salad is fresh, light and very tasty. I don’t mind the heavy once made with mayo or lot of olive oil. I really prefer them to be light and let the potatoes and vegetables be the main stars of the dish. So instead of making a heavy dressing I made a light and fresh dijon vinaigrette that is very flavorful and tasty, yet doesn’t take over and feels too heavy. This potato salad is really perfect for BBQ night, to include in a buffet or to just serve along with your cozy summer dinner. It is both vegan, gluten, dairy and oil free.
A few tips:
- You can cook the potatoes in advance to save time.
- If you want to reduce the cooking time you can cut the potatoes in half before cooking them.
- This salad is great to prepare in advance, but I would recommend you not to add the dressing until its time to serve it.
- You can easily replace and change the veggies in the salad to get some variation.
- This salad is good to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Ingredients for this Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette:
- Fresh potatoes
- Red onion
- Spring onion
- Dijon mustard
- Agave, fiber syrup or honey (if non vegan)
Other recipes you might like:
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh (Oil & Gluten Free)
- Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
- Antioxidant Quinoa Salad (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Beet & Carrots (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Shaved Carrot Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten & Dairy Free)
For the salad
- 6 Fresh potatoes diced
- 2-3 Radishes thinly sliced
- 4 Asparagus cut into smaller pieces
- A hand ful of Arugula
- 1 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Capers + some more to top the salad roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Caper water
- 1/2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Agave, fiber syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- Water, to thin if needed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook the potatoes and let them cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the dijon mustard vinaigarette in a small bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed. Thin with a little bit of water if needed.
- Slice all the vegetables.
- Cut the potatoes into smaller pieces (peel if desired, I love keeping the peel on) and place in a bowl.
- Add all the vegetables (save some rdishes to garnish) and the vinagairette to the bowl and combine until all parts of the salad is covered with the vinaigarette.
- Garnish with radishes and a few more capers and serve.