This is a salad that can be served wither as a light lunch or as a side dish. It really goes with everything (meat, chicken, fish & seafood). Its a simple salad made with only five ingredients. This salad is so colorful and filled with vitamins and antioxidants. It has the perfect combination of softness and crunch.
I love making the beetroot a little “al dente” so that you still have some mastication. The combination of the peppery & crunchy radies, al dente sweet beetroots, soft, sweet and juicy blueberries and fresh bean sprouts is just marvelous.
Ingrediens for the “Beetroot Salad with Blueberries”:
- Red beetroots
- Yellow beetroots
- Bean sprouts
Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
- 2 Red beetroots cut into wedges
- 2 Yellow beetroots cut into wedges
- 3 Radishes thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Blueberries
- Some Pea sprouts
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Cut the beetroots into wedges.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Cook the beetroots until al dente, takes approximately 20 minutes (or longer if you like them softer).
- Let them cook for a few minutes and then peel and put them on a plate.
- Slice the radishes as think as you can and add to the plate.
- Add blueberries and pea sprouts.
- Drizzle some thick balsamic vinegar on top (optional)