This recipe is for a fresh, delicious and light Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad. This salad only requires three ingredients and is ready to serve in five minutes. It is perfect to serve as a fresh appetizer or starter or as a side dish to your main course. This salad is both gluten, grain and oil free.
Guess watermelons, or any melons for that matter are mostly associated with breakfast, snacks or sweet dishes. But they are actually also perfect to use for a savory salad or side dish. The sweet and refreshing taste is perfect for a delicious and fresh summer dinner. It’s both rehydrating, satisfying, and brings such a lovely taste and texture to your dish. It’s all you need during warm summer days. The combination of sweet and juicy watermelon with tangy, salty and creamy feta cheese is unbeatable! I topped my salad with some fresh mint to add a fresh and minty flavor. This salad is amazing on its own as a light and fresh lunch but also pairs well with all kind of protein. This salad is both vegetarian, gluten, grain and oil free.
A few tips:
- I prefer my melon to be cold but not straight from the fridge. So I would recommend you to either take it out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before making the salad or letting the salad rest for 10-15 minutes after making it. For me the watermelon taste gets more intense and the sweetness really comes through when it isn’t too cold.
- Cut the watermelon into bitesized piece. You don’t want either too big pieces nor too small.
- I love crumbling my feta cheese instead of dicing it. But you can crumble or dice it, whichever you prefer.
- I would recommend you not to prepare the salad too long in advance. I usually make it 20-30 minutes in advance. If its done even further in advance I tend to feel that the watermelon gets a bit soggy and boring.
Ingredients for this Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad:
- Feta cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
- Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
- Galia Mean & Mozzarella Salad
- Fresh Fig, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Salad
Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad
- 1/4-1/2 Watermelon (depending on the size, but it should fill a bowl) diced
- 1/2 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh mint roughly chopped
- Put diced watermelon in a bowl.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and combine.
- Top with some fresh mint.