Watermelon is so versatile! You can just eat it as it is, have it in smoothies, make popsicles out of it… and also have it in your salads and meals. I love the sweet and refreshing taste. It’s so rehydrating and satisfying, it’s all you need during warm summer days. But to make a watermelon salad as a light lunch or side dish to your main course is just so freaking delicious! The combination of sweet and juicy watermelon with tangy, salty and creamy feta cheese is unbeatable! Add some sweet tomatoes and basil on top and you have yourself a lovely lunch or side dish.
This salad is amazing on its own, when you just want something light to eat. But it’s also a great side dish that goes well with all kind of proteins.
Ingredients for this Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad:
- Feta cheese
Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad
- 1/4-1/2 Watermelon (depending on the size, but it should fill a bowl) diced
- 5-7 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 package Feta cheese crumbled
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Put diced watermelon in a bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese.
- Top with some fresh basil