This recipe is for a fresh, delicious and flavorful Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad. This salad comes together in the blink of an eye, only requires 5-10 minutes of your time and four main ingredients. This orange, fennel and burrata salad is perfect to serve as a starter or side dish to your main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
If you’ve checked out some of my previous recipes I guess you might have noticed that I love pairing seasonal fruits with cheese. I usually make them very quick and simple, just using a 3-4 key ingredients. Because if you use seasonal and good quality ingredients you really don’t have to make it more complicated than that! Pairing sweet fruits with both tangy or creamy cheeses can never go wrong! You can almost pair any fruit and cheese and it will taste amazing. This dish is made with sweet and juicy oranges (I used one regular orange and one blood orange), crunchy fennel and creamy burrata. I also made a simple and easy orange and honey dressing to accompany this dish and to add that something extra on top. This dish only takes 5-10 minutes to prepare, only requires four main ingredients and is perfect to serve either as a starter or side dish to your main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Use juicy and sweet oranges. You can use a mix of regular oranges and blood oranges as I did, or just use one of them. But make sure they are really sweet and juicy.
- For the dressing I used the leftovers of the filleted orange. But if you don’t have enough juice from yours just one a new one.
- Buy a good quality and really creamy burrata. It really make the biggest difference. It might cost a few pennies more, but it’s so worth it since it, together with the oranges, is the main ingredient in this dish. Don’t buy the cheaper and dyer once.
- I made my dressing using orange juice, fiber syrup and a pinch of sea salt. But you can also add some olive oil to it if preferred.
- I would recommend you not to make this dish long time in advance since you want to keep the oranges juicy, the fennel crunchy and the burrata creamy. Since it’s really easy to prepare and only takes 5-10 minutes to make you should make it just before serving it.
Ingredients for this Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad:
- Oranges (I used both regular and blood orange)
- Black pepper
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Olive oil (optional)
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Persimmon & Burrata Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Tray Roasted Vegetables with Baked Feta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
Orange, Fennel & Burrata Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 2-3 Oranges (depending on how big they are, I used one blood orange and one regular) peeled and sliced
- 1/4 small Fennel thinly shaved
- 1 Burrata
- Freshly ground black pepper, to top
For the dressing
- 1/2 Orange zested
- 1/2 Orange juiced
- 1 tsp Olive oil (optional, I did not use it)
- 1 tsp Fiber syrup/Agave/Honey
- A pinch of Sea salt
- Combine orange juice, orange zest, fiber syrup/agave/honey in a small bowl. Add sea salt if desired.
- Peel the oranges using a fillet knife. I cut one orange into slices and separated the other orange using a fillet knife. Arrange on a plate.
- Top with shaved fennel and burrata on top.
- Drizzle the orange sauce on top of the burrata and top freshly ground black pepper.