This recipe for cardamom poached pears is a must try for this winter! They are easy to make, sugar free and can be used for several purposes. This recipe is for a breakfast option including cardamom poached pears, yogurt and granola. It is both gluten and sugar free and can be made vegan and paleo using vegan/paleo friendly yogurt and granola.
Pears are such underestimated fruits, don’t you think? It feels like they’re usually outshined by apples and kind of forgotten. But I really love to include them both in sweet and savory dishes, not to mention baked goods. They’re sweet, tender, delicious and so versatile. What I love most about them is the texture combined with the sweetness. It’s such an interesting mix, and I really can’t explain why I love them so much. One of my favorite ways of pairing pears is with cardamom! It’s such a wonderful and tasty combination. The tender and sweet pears combined with the aromatic, spiced yet citrusy cardamom is a match made in heaven. These poached pears can be used for several purposes. love making an easy and delicious dessert by just adding some ice cream or serving them as a side to a creamy pannacotta. Or including them in my breakfast by serving them with my oatmeal or like here, with some yogurt and granola. These cardamom poached pears are both gluten and sugar free and can easily be made vegan and paleo friendly.
A few tips:
- Use equally sized pears so that they have the same cooking time.
- You can adjust the amount of sweetener depending on how sweet you prefer your pears.
- I used whole cardamom seeds that I grounded using a mortal. I would recommend you to use cardamom seeds, but you can replace them with ground cardamom.
- Cook the pears until soft and tender, but not mushy or overcooked.
Ingredients for these Cardamon Poached Pears with Yogurt & Granola:
- Stevia sugar (or any other sweetener)
- Cardamom seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Chai Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yogurt & Nuts
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconuts Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Cardamom Overnight Oats with Fried Apples & Yogurt (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Porridge & Granola Stuffed Baked Apples (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Baked Pears with Warm Syrup Sauce (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Roasted Figs with Greek yogurt (Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Mascarpone Dessert with Elderflower (Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Greek yogurt with Home Made Raspberry Jam & Granola (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Cardamon Poached Pears with Yogurt & Granola (Sugar Free)
For the poached pears
- 4 small Pears (preferably firm) peeled
- 1/2-1 liter Water (depending on the size of the pot)
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer the pears)
- 1 tbsp Cardamom seeds roughly grounded
- Peel the pears.
- Bring water and stevia/sugar to a boil in a pot. When the sugar has desolved bring down the heat.
- Add pears and cardamom seeds to the pot. Make sure they are all covered in water and shimmer for 15-20 minutes depending on their size. You want them to be soft and tender, but not mushy.
- Add yoghurt to the bowls. Put a pear in each and one of them and top with granola.