This recipe for cardamom poached pears is a must try for this winter! They are easy to make, sugar free and can be used in many different ways. This recipe is for a breakfast option including cardamom poached pears, yogurt and granola. This recipe is easy to make vegan and paleo using vegan/paleo friendly yogurt and granola.
Pears are such underestimated fruits, don’t you think? I mean, I looove apples, they will always have a special place in my heart… but its like no one almost never talks about pears? They’re sweet, tender, delicious and so versatile. I love using them when baking, include them in salads or in my breakfast. What I love most about them is the texture combined with the sweetness. It’s such an interesting mix, and I really can’t explain why I love them so much. But something I love even more than just pears is pears with cardamom. This mach in unbeatable! The tender and sweet pears combined with the aromatic, spiced yet citrusy cardamom is a match made in heaven.
These poached pears can be used for several purposes. love making an easy and delicious dessert by just adding some ice cream or serving them as a side to a creamy pannacotta. Or including them in my breakfast by serving them with my oatmeal or like here, with some yogurt and granola.
Ingredients for these Cardamon Poached Pears with Yogurt & Granola:
- Stevia sugar (or any other sweetener)
- Cardamom seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Chai Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Baked Spiced Oatmeal with Pecan & Sunflower Crumble (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yogurt & Nuts
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconuts Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Cardamon Poached Pears with Yogurt & Granola (Sugar Free)
For the poached pears
- 4 small Pears (preferably firm) peeled
- 5-10 dl Water (depending on the size of the pot)
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer the pears)You can also use any other sweetener of choice, but you need to adjust the amount.
- 1 tbsp Cardamom seeds
- 4-6 tbsp Yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Granola
- Peel the pears.
- Bring water and stevia/sugar to a boil in a pot. When the sugar has desolved bring down the heat.
- Add pears and cardamom seeds to the pot. Make sure they are all covered in water and shimmer for 15-20 minutes depending on their size. You want them to be soft and tender, but not mushy.
- Add yoghurt to the bowls. Put a pear in each and one of them and top with granola.