This is an easy and delicious recipe for Roasted Figs with Greek Yogurt. This recipe requires minimal effort from your end and just two main ingredients. Serve these roasted figs with greek yogurt for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. This recipe is both gluten and refined sugar free.
Figs are one of my favorite fall fruits that are great to use in so many different ways and dishes. They pair very well with both cheese, charcuteries but also with fresh and tangy yogurt like here. Roasted figs are so delicious and high in taste. They are bot warm, sweet, juicy and a bit caramelized and have a intense yet delicate flavor. Since they taste caramelized and are very sweet they pair very well with a fresh and tangy Greek yogurt which provides a nice contrast. I also topped it with some agave, roughly chopped walnuts to get some crunch and fresh mint. This dish is perfect to serve for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. It is both gluten, grain and refined sugar free.
A few tips:
- Try to use ripe, sweet and juicy figs. This will secure that they caramelize, are sweet and doesn’t get dry.
- The baking time may vary a bit depending on how big your figs are and how big wedges you cut.
- The figs are ready when they have become a bot brown, soft and caramelized on the surface. Don’t bake the figs for too long, then they will become dry.
- This dish can be made vegan if you use a vegan Greek style yogurt.
- If you don’t like or have walnuts at home you can also top it with pistachio nuts, salted almonds or pumpkin seeds.
Ingredients for these Roasted Figs with Greek Yogurt:
- Greek yogurt
- Fiber syrup/honey or agave
- Fresh mint
Other recipes you might like:
- Hasselback Apples (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yogurt & Nuts
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Roasted Figs with Greek Yogurt (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- 4 Figs quartered
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey, to drizzle
- 4-5 Walnuts roughly chopped
- Fresh mint, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the figs and place in a oven safe baking pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown, softened and caramelized.
- Divide the greek yogurt between two plates and add the baked figs on top.
- Top with fiber syrup/agave/honey, chopped walnuts and fresh mint.