These Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears are perfect to make when you want something sweet, tender, crunchy and delicious. They are perfect to serve either for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. They are really easy to adapt according to allergies and food preferences and taste amazing. These baked pears are both vegan, gluten and sugar free, and can easily be made nuts free.
Lately I’ve been very much into making dishes that can be served either for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. Maybe it’s just because Im lazy, or maybe it’s because I really believe you can eat delicious no matter what meal it is. But the most convenient thing is that you can make a big batch and actually eat it for serval days but just during different times during the day. Either you make them with the same topping, or you mix it up by serving it with different toppings. Like these granola and nut filled baked pears. They can be served with some plain fresh (vegan) yogurt and liquid sweetener, or you can mix things up by topping it with ice cream if serving it for dessert. Baked pears are sweet on their own, therefor I prefer not to add too much additional sweetener. But if you prefer them sweeter go ahead and drizzle some liquid sweetener on them before baking them or adding more liquid sweetener to the granola and nut filling.
A few tips:
- Choose equally sized pears so they have the same baking time.
- Nuts can be replaced by sunflower or pumpkin seeds if you want to make them nut free.
- Make them low carb and paleo by replacing the oats for more grain free granola or nuts. (You might need to adda little more sweetener or liquid depending on what you replace it with).
- The granola and nut mixture should be a bit sticky and easy to form, add more liquid or sweetener to get the right texture. It should not be too dry.
- These pears can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- They should preferably be eaten warm, they taste much more and all the flavors come out when warm.
- I would recommend you to warm them in the oven on 100 degrees Celsius. But they can be heated in a microwave as well, but I think they taste better when warmed in the oven.
Ingredients for these Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears:
- Fiber syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Coconut oil
- (Vegan) yogurt
Other recipes you might like:
- Yogurt with Home Made Plum Compote
- Pear & Pecan Muffins (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free, Naturally Sweetened with Fruits)
- Roasted Persimmon with Yogurt & Nuts
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten & Sugar Free, Low Fat)
- Cardamom Poached Pears with Yogurt & Granola (Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato French Toast (Gluten, Sugar & Grain Free)
Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the pears
- 2 Pears divided in two lenghtwise and cored
- 3/4 dl Oats
- 3/4 dl Granola
- 1/2 dl Hazelnuts
- 1/2 dl Walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp Fiber syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the topping
- 4 tbsp (Vegan) yogurt
- Fiber syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice), to top
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the pears lenghtwise and core the using a spoon or a melon baller.
- Add rest of the ingredients for the pears into a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Taste to check if more sweetener if needed.
- Place the pears on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Fill the pears qith the granola and nuts mix.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes (until soft and browned).
- Serve with yogurt and liquid sweetener.
3 thoughts on “Granola & Nut Stuffed Baked Pears (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)”