This is a moist, delicious and easy recipe for a Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Bread. This banana bread is both grain, gluten and sugar free. It’s sweet enough to have as an afternoon treat but healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
Isn’t banana bread one of the best things ever? I mean, you don’t even have to taste the bananas if you don’t want to. You can mask the taste with anything you like. I love baking banana bread… just because it’s so simple, you almost can’t go wrong and you can make it any taste you like. I usually bake my banana breads with oat flour, just because I love oat flour. It’s wallet friendly, you can make it yourself at home… But this time I wanted to try and make a grain free banana bread using cassava flour. And it turned out really great. It’s moist, soft and has the most delicious taste! And I also chose to include one of my all time favorite sweets… salted caramel! The salted caramel sauce is made using dates, water and sea salt. It’s so easy to make and gives this banana bread a delicious boost! But if you prefer to skip the salted caramel swirl, the bread will turn out delicious anyways!
A few tips:
- Make sure to use really ripe bananas and mix them using a fork before adding them to the blender.
- If making your own apple sauce, make sure to use sweet apples since they act as a substitute for both oil and sugar.
- Make sure not to spread the caramel spread fully to the edges, that might make the bread not hold together when eating it.
- Make sure the bread is completely cool before cutting it.
- This bread is good to store for 4-5 days, preferably in a container or plastic bag so it doesn’t get dry.
Ingredients for this Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Bread:
- Ripe bananas
- Apple sauce
- Plant based milk
- Cassava flour
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Stevia granular sugar (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Pecan nuts
- Sea salt (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Almond & Poppy Seed Cake with Plums
- Pear & Pecan Muffins (Vegan, Sugar Free, Naturally Sweetened)
- Seven Ingredients Salted Caramel Pecan Pie (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Apple & Cinnamon Oat Muffins with Oat Crumble (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Bread (Grain, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 3 Ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Plant based milk
- 2 dl Cassava flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 drops Vanilla stevia drops
- 1/2-2/3 dl Stevia granular sugar (optional if you prefer it sweeter, I did not use it)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pecan nuts roughly chopped
For the Caramel Filling
- 10 Dates pitted
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix dates and water in a blender until smooth. Add more water if needed. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mash the bananas using a fork. Add to a blender.
- Add apple sauce, eggs, plant based milk, apples cider vinegar and stevia drops to the blender and mix until smooth.
- Combine cassava flour, coconut flour, cinnamon (if using), baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Run until smooth.
- Add 1/2 or 2/3 of the batter to the pan.
- Add 2/3 of the carmamel sauce in the middle of the loaf and spread evenly, but don't spread it fully to the edges.
- Add the rest of the batter.
- Top with the remaining caramel sauce and chopped pecan nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
2 thoughts on “Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Bread (Grain, Gluten & Sugar Free)”