This is a recipe for easy, delicious and healthier Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts. This recipe only calls for a few key ingredients and requires 10 minutes of your time to make. Serve them as an afternoon snack or dessert. These donuts are both gluten and sugar free.
I’ve kind of always been a bit reluctant to donuts since I don’t like fried things. They just feel greasy and as if you have killed all good ingredients they’re made of. I really don’t get the thing with fried food. Buuuut, then I started doing some research and found out that you can bake donuts instead of frying them. So naturally I had to try it out! And yes, they’re delicious and such a great alternative to fried once, but still not completely the same. At least not if you want to make them a bit healthier and not just containing white flour and sugar. Haha, guess Im not making a big advertisement for non baked healthy donuts. But I actually am! Otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this post. To be really honest, I really prefer my baked and a little less fluffy donuts over the fried fluffy once. These donuts are both delicious, tender, and soft, but a little more dense than “regular white flour and sugar fried once”. But they still feel like donuts but you can eat them with good conscience and they are also nutritious at the same time. Since these donuts are much healthier than regular fried donuts you can serve them both for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I prefer to use a donut pan when baking donuts. Its just so easy to pour the batter into them and they get a perfect donut form.
- Even though my donut form is teflon I like to add some coconut oil or butter for greasing just to make sure the donuts don’t stuck.
- You can adjust the amount of stevia granulated sugar according to taste. I don’t like to make them too sweet since you will dip them in cinnamon sugar later on.
- You can skip the cinnamon sugar and just make them plain or add any other topping according to taste.
- If you make them oaken you might prefer to add more sugar (I don’t, I still like them less sweet. But just taste the batter to check on the sweetener).
- Bake the donuts just until golden brown. Don’t bake for too long, then they will get dry, bland and boring.
- The donuts are ready when they are golden brown.
Ingredients for these Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts:
- Coconut oil
- Fiber syrup
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Milk (I used almond milk)
- Greek yogurt or quark
- Corn flour
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
Other recipes you might like:
- Salted Caramel Pecan Banana Bread (Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Funfetti Cakesickles (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Dessert Pixxa with Fruits & Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten Grain & Sugar Free)
- Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1-2 tbsp Fiber syrup
- 3 tbsp Stevia granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp Milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt or quark
- 3/4 dl Corn flour
- 1 1/4 dl Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
For the dusting
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1 dl Stevia granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a donut pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Add melted and slightly cooled coconut oil, fiber syrup and stevia granulated sugar to bowl and whisk together.
- Next add the milk, greek yogurt or quark and egg. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine oat flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased donut pan and place in the middle of the oven. Bake for 7-12 minutes, just until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil and let it cool slightly.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to a wide bowl. Stir to combine.
- Brush the cooled donuts with melted coconut oil.
- Place them with the upside facing down in the cinnamon sugar mixture and make sure all parts are covered with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat until all donuts are covered with the cinnamon sugar mixture.