This recipe is for a creamy, delicious and healthy Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip. This chocolate dip only requires five key ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, the rest is taken care of by the oven. This sweet potato chocolate dip is perfect to serve as a dips sauce and serve with fruits, to use as a spread on a toast or to top your breakfast bowl or pancakes. It is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables. They’re so versatile, nutritious and sooo delicious. I guess most people associate them with savory dishes, but I actually love using them for sweet purposes as well. Since they’re both creamy and have a sweet flavor they’re perfect to bake with since they make the baked good moist, tender and sweet. But they’re also great to use for sweet snacks, like in this sweet potato chocolate dip. This chocolate dips is both creamy, sweet yet light and gentle at the same time. I love serving it as a dip sauce with my favorite fruits, using it as a spread on a toast or to top my breakfast bowl or pancakes. This chocolate dip is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
A few tips:
- For your sweet potato so it doesn’t explode in the oven.
- Make sure the sweet potato is baked all the way though. Insert a toothpick or baking stick to check that’s its soft on the inside.
- I love eating the sweet potato peel after baking it, you should give it a try. Its perfect to eat with some sea salt, butter or to add in your salad.
- Let the sweet potato cool before removing the peel, otherwise you will burn your fingers.
- Start by adding a little of the cacao powder, milk, fiber syrup and stevia vanilla drops. Then mix and taste to check if more is needed. The amount will vary depending on how big your sweet potato is.
- Store the sweet potato chocolate dip in the fridge.
- The sweet potato dip is good to store in the fridge for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Ingredients for this Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip:
- Sweet potato
- Cacao powder
- Plant based milk
- Fiber syrup
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Sea salt (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Hummus (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Granola Butter
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- 1 large Sweet potato (about 3 dl mashed)
- 4-6 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1-3 tbsp Plant based milk (I used almond)
- 3-5 tbsp Fiber syrup
- 4-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops (or vanilla extract)
- A pinch of Sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Make small wholes in the sweet potatoes using the fork.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in the oven for 40-60 minutes, depending on how big your sweet potato is. Check if the sweet potato is soft all the way though by using a tooth pick or baking stick.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into smaller pieces.
- Place in a bowl or a high speed blender together with cacao powder, milk, fiber syrup, stevia vanilla drops and a pinch of sea salt (if using).
- Mix using a hand mixer or run in the high speed blender. Taste to check if more sweetener or milk is needed.
- Place in a jar and store in the fridge.
2 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)”