This recipes is for a fresh, light yet flavorful Vanilla Cauliflower Porridge. This porridge is ready in 10 minutes and only requires a few key ingredients. It is a perfect breakfast alternative when you want something light, fresh, healthy yet delicious and flavorful at the same time. It is both vegan, gluten, grain, sugar free and low carb.
Im a big fan of porridge! It’s both filling, warming, easy to adapt and to vary. And the best thing, it’s so quick and easy to make. But when summer comes Im not always in the mood for a classic oat porridge. I tends to feel a bit too heavy at times. That’s when I make this cauliflower porridge instead. This porridge is just as easy and quick to make as a regular one. You can season it just as you like and add tones of different topping. Same same as a regular porridge… but this one is not only vegan, gluten and sugar free as my other porridges, but it is also grain free and low carb. This porridge is really great to make when you want something delicious, warm and flavorful yet light and fresh. It’s also perfect since it can be eaten by most people taking most food preferences and allergies into consideration. It might sound weird with a cauliflower porridge, but don’t turn it down before you try it!
A few tips:
- Make sure to process the cauliflower into quite small pieces. You don’t want too big cauliflower bites, they should be smaller than regular oat flakes (according to my taste). But still don’t make them too grainy and small.
- When cooking the porridge I prefer to make it warm and tender, but still not fully cooked though. I love when it has some chewing resistance and crunch left.
- I seasoned this porridge with stevia vanilla drops and cinnamon. But you can season it with what you crave and like.
- I topped it with fresh berries, more cinnamon and sesame seeds. But just add any topping you like and prefer.
Ingredients for this. Vanilla Cauliflower Porridge:
- Plant based milk
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- Fresh berries
- Sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Tahini Granola Breakfast Bowl with Baked Cherries
- Vanilla Oatmeal with Roasted Figs & Coconut Flakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Spiced Chia Pudding with Apple Sauce & Gingerbread Granola (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Amaranth Porridge with Apples & Cinnamon (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
Vanilla Cauliflower Porridge (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- 1 small Cauliflower head (about 4 dl caulifower rice) riced
- 3 dl Plant based milk
- 5-6 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon + more to top
- Fresh berries to top
- Sesame seeds, to top (optional)
- Process the cauliflower in a high speed blender until ricelike.
- Place in a small pot together with plant based milk, stevia vanilla drops and cinnamon.
- Let it shimmer for 5-10 minutes, depending on how soft you prefer your porridge. I prefer when it still holds some crunch and isnt fully cooked though.
- Place in two bowls and top with fresh berries, more cinnamon and sesame seeds (if using).