This recipes is for a flavorful, delicious and fresh Hazelnut & Parsley Pesto. This pesto is super easy to make and only require 10 minutes of your time. It is perfect to use with pasta, in sauces, as topping or as a spread. This pesto is gluten, grain free and low carb.
Pesto is such a useful condiment that can be used for so many different purposes. And pesto doesn’t have to be made with basil, pine nuts and parmesan, it can really be made using any herbs, nuts and cheese you like, or made vegan as well. This pesto is made with parsley, hazelnuts and pecorino cheese. It is very flavorful and delicious yet fresh and light at the same time. This pesto is great to use as a condiment, spread, use in sauce eat with pasta… Pesto is one of my favorite condiments to use. It really is so versatile and great to have at home. This pesto is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- I used parsley when making this pesto, but you can use any other fresh herbs that you like or mix a few different once.
- Make sure to use a powerful high speed blender to really get a smooth pesto. If you have a less powerful one I would recommend you to chop the ingredients a bit before adding it to the blender.
- I prefer my pesto less oily and a bit more firm. But if you like it thinner just add more olive oil or some water until you reach desired texture.
- This parsley is good to store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Ingredients for this Hazelnut & Parsley Pesto:
- Roasted hazelnuts
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Broccoli, Parsley & Almond Pesto
- Rhubarb & Peach Salsa (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Vegan Ricotta (Ricotta & Cauliflower Based)
- Vegan Cream Cheese (Made with Cashews)
Hazelnut & Parsley Pesto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 5 dl Parsley flat leafs
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- 1 dl Roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- 1/2 dl Pecorino (can be replaced by parmesan or any other flavorful cheese) grated
- 1/2 dl Olive oil (or more if prefered)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place parsley, garlic, hazelnuts, lemon juice, lemon zest and pecorino in a highspeed blender and mix until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and mix again until incorporated. Add more olive oil if you prefer it smoother (or add some water), I like it thicker and less oily. Season with sea salt according to taste.