Cream cheese is such a good staple to have at home. It can be use for so many purposes such as cooking, baking, making sauces, having on a bagel or toast, making dip sauces… the list can be made long. Im not vegan, but I do eat a lot of vegan food. To my surprise, when I finally tried making my own vegan cream cheese, was just WOW. It taste so good, its easy to make and it’s a lot cheaper than buy it in the store. This vegan version of my cream cheese is cashew nut based and comes together in only a few minutes (cooking time).
Its come out so creamy, tasty and fresh. This is just the basic recipe. But you can easily just add in any optional add ins as well. Here are a few suggestions:
- Fresh herbs
- Paprika powder
- Onion powder
- Fresh tomatoes
Ingredients for the Vegan Cream Cheese:
- Cashew nuts
- Lemon juice
- White wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Vegan Cream Cheese (Cashew based)
- 2,5 dl Cashew nuts soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp Vegan plain yoghurt
- 1/2-1 tsp White wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Soak the cashew nuts for at least 30 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add any optional add ins and fold in with a spoon.
- Store in a jar.