This is a fresh, tasty and flavorful Basil Lemon Sauce. It takes maximum five minutes to make and only calls for four main ingredients. Serve this Basil Lemon Sauce as a salad dressing, along with fish, chicken or meat or just drizzle it over chips, potatoes or vegetarian dishes. It can be served both warm and cold, just as you prefer it. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Basil and lemon is a wonderful combination if you ask me. It’s a mix of fresh, zesty, pungent, peppery and sourish. It is both easy and quick to make, only including four main ingredients and goes along with just about everything. This basil lemon sauce is a great and healthier alternative to other salad dressings, sauces and dips. Make a big jar and store it in the fridge and use for you everyday meals or weekend dinners. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free and can easily be made vegan by using a vegan creme fraich or yogurt.
Ingredients for this Basil Lemon Sauce:
- Creme Fraiche (or Greek yogurt or plain yogurt)
- Fresh Basil
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Vegan Ricotta (Cauliflower & Tofu Based)
- Vegan Cream Cheese (Made with Cashews)
- Broccoli, Parsley & Almond Pesto
- Blueberry Balsamic Sauce (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Roasted Beetroot Pesto (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Rhubarb & Peach Salsa (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Hazelnut & Parsley Pesto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Charred Scallion Salsa (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Plum Chutney (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Balsamic Roasted Summer Fruits & Berries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil & Refined Sugar Free)
Basil Lemon Sauce (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 dl Creme fraiche (or Greek yogurt or plain yogurt)
- 10-15 Basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge.