This recipe is for an easy, flavorful and super delicious Rhubarb & Peach Salsa. This salsa only calls for a few key ingredients and comes together in a few minutes. It is perfect to serve along with your favorite protein, to include in a salad or add on top of your tacos. It is both vegan and sugar free.
Okok, I looooove salsas. I mean I looooove salsas. But kind of only (or mostly) the home made once. A salsa is such an easy thing to make that can really lift any dish. And you can make them with some many different ingredients and ways. This summer I’ve been experimenting a lot with making different salsas, and this one is for sure one of my favorites. Im a huge fan of rhubarb and wanted to use it in other ways than just for sweet purposes. I have to admit I was a bit sceptic at first, really didn’t have any high expectations when making it. But it turned out so delicious I’ve been making big batches twice a week because I use it all the time. This rhubarb and peach salsa is the perfect mix of tart crunchy rhubarb combined with the soft and sweet peach is just divine. I also added lots of cilantro, both red wine and balsamic vinegar, red onion and some fiber syrup to it. This salsa is really great to eat with everything! I love it with a spicy chicken, a fresh cod fillet or a grilled pieces of meat. Or why not just add it to your salad or top your tacos with a more fun and summery salsa?! This salsa is both vegan and sugar free.
A few tips:
- I like to slice my rhubarb in different shapes and sized to vary the texture and size a bit. But don’t make too big pieces.
- I used cilantro in this batch, but also tried it with both mint and parsley. So if you don’t like cilantro just swap it for any other herb you like, or mix a few different once.
- Red chili is optional in this salsa. I make it both with and without depending on what Im eating along with it. If I eat a light and fresh cod fillet I love adding some chili. But if I have it with a spicy chicken I skip the chili. Add it according to taste and what you’ll pair it with.
- This salsa is ready in five minutes, but I really love when it gets to sit for a while for the rhubarb and peach to really absorb all the flavors.
- This salsa is good to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Ingredients for this Rhubarb & Peach Salsa:
- Red onion
- Red chili
- Red wine vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fiber syrup (agave or honey)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Other recipes you might like:
- Broccoli, Parsley & Almond Pesto
- Vegan Ricotta (Cauliflower & Tofu Based)
- Vegan Cream Cheese (Made With Cashews)
- Blueberry Balsamic Sauce (Sugar Free)
- Roasted Beetroot Pesto (Gluten & Grain Free)
Rhubarb & Peach Salsa
- 2 stems Rhubarb thinly sliced or diced
- 1-1 1/2 Peach diced
- 1/2 Red onion finely chopped
- 1/2-1 Red chili (optional) minced
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-1 tbsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 1/2-1 tbsp Olive oil
- Cilantro, to taste (or other fresh herbs like parsley or mint) finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Slice or dice the rhubarb and put in a bowl.
- Dice the peach and add to the bowl.
- Chop the cilantro (or any other herbs you're using) and add to the bowl.
- Add olive oil, red wine and balsamic vinegar to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add sea salt, black pepper and fiber syrup/agave/honey and combine.
- Taste to check if more seasoning is needed.
- Place in a jar, put in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 20 minutes (but preferably even longer) if you have time.
- Serve with your favorite protein, add on tacos or to your salad.