Having a jar of home made ricotta has been a life saver (no I’m not exaggerating) so many times in my kitchen. It can be use for so many purposes such as cooking, baking, making sauces, having on a bagel or toast, making dip sauces… the list can be made long. When you feel that your fridge only has some left over vegetables and the pentry is kind of empty… then you bring out the jar with vegan ricotta and anything you have at home can be made into a super delicious dish! I’ve actually never been a fan of regular ricotta, but I find this vegan one so delicious and versatile.
Ingredients for the Vegan Ricotta (Cauliflower & Tofu Based):
- Natural yeast
- Olive oil
- Pepper (optional)
Vegan Ricotta (Cauliflower & Tofu Based)
- 1/2 Pack of firm tofu
- 1/2 Cauliflower head divided in to smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp Lemon juiced
- 1/2-1 tbsp Olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put the cauliflower florets on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
- When the cauliflower is ready put it in a blender together with the rest of the ingredients and blend until you have a smooth ricotta-like texture.
- Store in a jar.