What more says summer than skewers? I love making all kind of skewers. It’s so practical, and you can put everything on it. I love how skewers bring that rustic feeling to the table! Its simple food on a stick. Doesn’t get easier and more basic than that. These Yoghurt & Lemon marinated Chicken Skewers are simply delicious and so tender.
I love an easy and fresh marinade that doesn’t take over, but still brings that extra yum to the dish. I really don’t like the heavy oil & BBQ sauce marinades. I like to keep it simple and fresh. Best thing with skewers? They go with just about every side dish you can come to think of! So just take out that grill, and put all you’re favorite food on it and enjoy a lovely grilled chicken skewer with all your favorite side dishes.
Ingredients for the Yoghurt & Lemon marinated Chicken Skewers:
- (Greek) Yoghurt
Yoghurt & Lemon marinated Chicken Skewers
- 4 Chicken breasts cut into squares
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or any other yoghurt of your choice)
- 1 Lemon zest
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Cumin optional
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into equally sized squares.
- Put the chicken in the marinade and make sure all pieces are well covered.
- Let it sit in the marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- When time to grill the chicken, remove excess marinade and put on skewers.
- Put on the grill and let it grill for 15-20 minutes (depending on how big the chicken pieces are).
- If making in a grill pan: Preaheat a grillpan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- Grill the chicken in the pan on each side until you have grill marks.
- Put the chicken skewers in a oven safe dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes (or until chicken is done).
- By baking the chicken on lower temperature, such as 150 degrees its easier to not overcook them. This way it gets really juicy and tender.