This chicken recipe is spicy, flavorful and delicious. It only requires a few ingredients, is easy to make and ready in 20 minutes. This dish is perfect to make either when you want a quick and easy weekday meal or when you want a delicious and flavorful weekend dinner.
So this thing with mixing fruits into food it quite new to me. I started experimenting with including fruits to my cooking just this spring, at least in a bigger scale than before. This is the first time I’ve used plums in my cooking. I love the creamy texture combined with the tartness. It makes such an interesting addition to an otherwise very simple meal. I found that adding fruit can lift a quite boring and simple dish and make it very interesting. Here we have a simple yogurt and lemon dressing in the bottom that provides freshness to the dish. Then we have the tender and spicy chicken topped with spicy/sweet/tart and creamy plums on top. It makes a lovely combination, with a lot of different textures and flavors. I like to serve my chicken without any additions on the side, maybe just a light side salad.
Ingredients for this Spiced Chicken with Plums:
- Chicken fillets
- Harissa seasoning
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers
- North African Meatballs on Cauliflower Purée with Chermoula
- Healthy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice
Spiced Chicken with Plums
- 2 Chicken fillets
- 2-3 Plums cut into wedges
- 2-3 tbsp Harissa seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp Orange juice (preferably resh)
- 3-4 tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2-1 tbsp Lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Cover the chicken fillets with 1-2 tbsp harissa seasoning (depending on how spicy you like it).
- Fry the chicken fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Transfer to a oven safe baking pan and bake for 12-18 minutes (depending on how thick the fillets are). When the water comes out clear the chicken is done. Make sure not to overbake them so they done come out dry.
- Keep the nonstick pan warm on low heat.
- Meanwhile combine yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Taste to check if more seasoning is needed. Transfer the yogurt to a plate and spread evenly.
- When theres just 2-3 minutes left for the chicken to be ready highten the heat on the stove where you have the nonstick pan. Add sliced plums, more harissa seasoning and orange juice to the hot pan. Fry for just 1-2 minutes, until they start to caramelize and get golden brown.
- When the chicken is ready, slice it into smaller pieces and put over the yogurt dressing.
- Add the warm plums on top and garnish with parsley.